2020 Round 1, Pick 2: Washington Redskins select DE Chase Young, Ohio State

I just cannot recall the Redskins having a position group this strong before in my lifetime? 5 first round picks invested in your defensive line. A fifth rounder that’s probably the best of the bunch at this moment. This group is going to take off under JDR and Rivera. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just cannot recall the Redskins having a position group this strong before in my lifetime? 5 first round picks invested in your defensive line. A fifth rounder that’s probably the best of the bunch at this moment. This group is going to take off under JDR and Rivera. 

Same here and if they play up to their potential it could really change how well the D plays especially bc we’ll be playing a more simpler scheme.

• Like 1

That's a heck of a list of jersey’s @naptownskinsfan. I can't remember all the one's I have but it's not that many. I have Dave Butz from when I was in elementary school. I wanted Art Monk’s Jersey after they won the super bowl in 88 but the only one my dad could find was Dave Butz, so that's what I got. That was my first jersey.

The last Jersey I have and the one I usually wear is my Ryan Kerrigan jersey. I didn't even buy that one or the McNabb one I have, a friend got it for me for Christmas. It was a bootlegged one, the red is brighter then burgundy. It's probably like one of the one's PH is talking about.

Just now, turtle28 said:

That's a heck of a list of jersey’s @naptownskinsfan. I can't remember all the one's I have but it's not that many. I have Dave Butz from when I was in elementary school. I wanted Art Monk’s Jersey after they won the super bowl in 88 but the only one my dad could find was Dave Butz, so that's what I got. That was my first jersey.

The last Jersey I have and the one I usually wear is my Ryan Kerrigan jersey. I didn't even buy that one or the McNabb one I have, a friend got it for me for Christmas. It was a bootlegged one, the red is brighter then burgundy. It's probably like one of the one's PH is talking about.

LOL, yeah, I was a bit obsessed.  That's only my Redskins list, I've got loads of other football jerseys as well.  Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I have a Kerrigan one as well.  

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 5:00 PM, Woz said:

Yeah, Sellers is the guy who I went back and forth on. Can we get a quick vote up in here?

For all the garbage around him on Offense and over use Clinton Portis was amazing for us definite Green. I was a big Marcus Washington fan as well not that I'd buy a jersey.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

In my lifetime which is post Gibbs 1.0?  I think you would be correct.  Though the offensive lines with Samuels, Jansen, Thomas, Rabach, Brown and Dockery would be the only one that comes to mind that is remotely close.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

In my lifetime which is post Gibbs 1.0?  I think you would be correct.  Though the offensive lines with Samuels, Jansen, Thomas, Rabach, Brown and Dockery would be the only one that comes to mind that is remotely close.  

Damn, post Gibbs 1.0, I’m sorry. The 80s & early 90s were fun until Gibbs retired.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Damn, post Gibbs 1.0, I’m sorry. The 80s & early 90s were fun until Gibbs retires.

Yeah, I was three when that happened so I have to live vicariously through my family's recollections and watching the recording.  Fun fact though, a friend of mine was present at Mark Rypien's house for the Super Bowl that year.......but he was a baby.  

I did get my grandfather and I a free meal at a local restaurant when Gibbs returned though.  I got up and ready for school that morning and saw the news break online, and told him about he.  He ran into a friend of his, told him and he said if it was true, to come in for a meal.  So the next day, we did.  He lived up to his word and treated us well.  I just wish we had more to celebrate from that era. 

• Like 1