The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was 2nd in the league in yards and TD on a 13-3 team in year 2 and 1st in the league in yards and TD on a 10-6 team in year 3. How is that painfully average by year 4?

By being .500, having 20+ ints per season for half of his career at that point, and a passer rating under 90. An 85.1, for that matter, which is actually really really pedestrian for what you're calling "proof" of elite play. 

Edited by ronjon1990

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

By being .500, having 20+ ints per season for half of his career at that point, and a passer rating under 90. An 85.1, for that matter, which is actually really really pedestrian for what you're calling "proof" of elite play. 

His second season in the league he threw for 4,100 yards and 26 TD on a 13-3 team and made the Pro Bowl. In his third season he threw for 4,400 yards and 33 TD on a 10-6 team and made the Pro Bowl. I mean to be 2nd in the league in yards/TD on a 13-3 team and 1st in the league in yards/TD on a 10-6 team in your 2nd and 3rd years is pretty pedestrian I guess. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

"I think Carr is about an average starting level quarterback".  Do you care to name the QB's you have ranked  ahead of him if Carr is average.

QB's I'd take over Carr: 

Patrick Mahomes

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Russell Wilson

Josh Allen

Deshaun Watson

Dak Prescott

Lamar Jackson

Matt Ryan

Baker Mayfield

Matt Stafford

Ryan Tannehill

Justin Herbert 

Kyler Murray

After this season probably Trevor Lawerence, Justin Fields, and Joe Burrow as well. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His second season in the league he threw for 4,100 yards and 26 TD on a 13-3 team and made the Pro Bowl. In his third season he threw for 4,400 yards and 33 TD on a 10-6 team and made the Pro Bowl. I mean to be 2nd in the league in yards/TD on a 13-3 team and 1st in the league in yards/TD on a 10-6 team in your 2nd and 3rd years is pretty pedestrian I guess. 

Sounds to me like a bunch of padded stats, considering he was .500 and a lot of INTs. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

QB's I'd take over Carr: 

Patrick Mahomes

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Russell Wilson

Josh Allen

Deshaun Watson

Dak Prescott

Lamar Jackson

Matt Ryan

Baker Mayfield

Matt Stafford

Ryan Tannehill

Justin Herbert 

Kyler Murray

After this season probably Trevor Lawerence, Justin Fields, and Joe Burrow as well. 

Of those QB, how many would you rather build around over Carr?

You've also not answered any of my other questions....  Figures because your points have been completely worthless...

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Of those QB, how many would you rather build around over Carr?

You've also not answered any of my other questions....  Figures because your points have been completely worthless...

All of them including Lawerence, Fields, and Burrow.

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Sounds to me like a bunch of padded stats, considering he was .500 and a lot of INTs. 

When did 13-3 and 10-6 become .500? Through Manning's first 7 seasons they had a winning record 5/7 years. We've had a winning record 1/7 years with Carr. In year 7 Manning was the best player in the league, Carr is like the third best QB in his division. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

When did 13-3 and 10-6 become .500? Through Manning's first 7 seasons they had a winning record 5/7 years. We've had a winning record 1/7 years with Carr. In year 7 Manning was the best player in the league, Carr is like the third best QB in his division. 

Oh now we're going to go full micro and only focus on those 2? Totally forget the 3-13 and 6-10 seasons surrounding that. 

Also, again, Indianapolis' FO and team >>> Anything Carr has had. 

Regardless, stick to the facts- it's about WINS. Period. Nothing else. Just wins. Manning was average and the Colts were dumb to keep him after such a pedestrian showing after 4 years. 

And stop comparing Mannings 18 years to Carr's 7. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh now we're going to go full micro and only focus on those 2? Totally forget the 3-13 and 6-10 seasons surrounding that. 

Also, again, Indianapolis' FO and team >>> Anything Carr has had. 

Regardless, stick to the facts- it's about WINS. Period. Nothing else. Just wins. Manning was average and the Colts were dumb to keep him after such a pedestrian showing after 4 years. 

And stop comparing Mannings 18 years to Carr's 7. 

Manning played at an elite level for a playoff team in years 2-3. When has Carr done that? And if it's just about wins, Manning led the Colts to a winning record in 5/7 years, Carr has done it once in 7 seasons with us, lol. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Carr has thrown for 4,000+ yards 3 times in his career and 30+ TD 1 time...

I know. Imagine if our entire offense was even 1/2 as competent as him. 

But....stop talking about stats. It's all about the W.I.N.S. and L.O.S.S.E.S.