The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

32 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

More money well spent.  You can put in in your "future Raider QB pile" you've been dreaming about over the last three seasons.   It can go right next to Ol' Crab Legs, Fitztrash, Foles, T. Taylor and Tua, all QB's that uneducated fans have wanted on here over Carr...

Your Raider Brady, Rogers, Wilson and Watson jerseys are now worthless and soaked in tears... 

Over the last few years, some people on here have wanted to give up the house for crazy things. 

Just think about the laughing stock we'd be over the last couple of years right now if we had done some of the kneejerk nonsense like:

Trade for Watson

Break the bank for LeVeon Bell

Kept and paid Amari Cooper

Kept and paid Jared Cook

All on top of the actual dumb*** moves like trading Mack, sending multiple picks to Pittsburgh in exchange for their headache WRs, our draft reach fetish, etc. 

Literally every move so many pounded the table for, or got and defended ad nauseam despite being risky, have wound up being moves that never should have been made. 

Some moves look great on Madden, fantasy football, or paper, but the reality is they wind up being busts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

More money well spent.  You can put in in your "future Raider QB pile" you've been dreaming about over the last three seasons.   It can go right next to Ol' Crab Legs, Fitztrash, Foles, T. Taylor and Tua, all QB's that uneducated fans have wanted on here over Carr...

Your Raider Brady, Rogers, Wilson and Watson jerseys are now worthless and soaked in tears... 

don’t forget cam Newton

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Just think about the laughing stock we'd be over the last couple of years right now if we had done some of the kneejerk nonsense like:

Trade for Watson

How would trading for one of the top 5 QB's in the league made us a laughing stock?

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

44 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

don’t forget cam Newton

Following this season Carr has 1 year left on his deal with zero dead cap. If he doesn't perform well and we miss the playoffs again it'll be tough to extend him and pay him top quarterback money. If he balls out and takes us to the playoffs, I'll gladly eat crow. I personally just don't see it happening.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Do you even keep up with things?

Innocent until proven guilty and his disposition won't even happen until after football season is over. Have you seen Deshaun Watson play? Dude was nearly blinded by Arden Key and still threw a clutch game winner against us. Carr would've thrown it away down 21 on 4th and goal. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Innocent until proven guilty and his disposition won't even happen until after football season is over. Have you seen Deshaun Watson play? Dude was nearly blinded by Arden Key and still threw a clutch game winner against us. Carr would've thrown it away down 21 on 4th and goal. 

I just wanna point out that Fitzpatrick did the exact same thing hahaha. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

honest question; In that Tenn game, if Carr scrambled right, and dove into the endzone, do you think youd be saying:
A. Wow what hustle and heart by Carr there
B. who cares, it was garbage time

My money is on B. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

honest question; In that Tenn game, if Carr scrambled right, and dove into the endzone, do you think youd be saying:

My money is on B. 

FACTZ

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yep. 

My money is still on him not playing this season. 

And if charges wind up filed, his career could be over and done with. 

Why would anyone in their right mind offer anything it would take to get his contract? I don't care if the guy is capable of tossing 99 yard dimes while running a 4.12 40 at 7'5 600lbs and comes with an invisibility cloak, he's worth less to the Raiders right now than Joe Montana, and no guarantee he'll ever be worth more again. 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. 

My money is still on him not playing this season. 

And if charges wind up filed, his career could be over and done with. 

Why would anyone in their right mind offer anything it would take to get his contract? I don't care if the guy is capable of tossing 99 yard dimes while running a 4.12 40 at 7'5 600lbs and comes with an invisibility cloak, he's worth less to the Raiders right now than Joe Montana, and no guarantee he'll ever be worth more again. 

My thing with that is even if he does play the Texans record last season showed all of us that having a quarterback like him on your team does not automatically guarantee your team a playoff spot if your defense is garbage

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing with that is even if he does play the Texans record last season showed all of us that having a quarterback like him on your team does not automatically guarantee your team a playoff spot if your defense is garbage

Their offensive line, running game, and defense were all terrible and they made a coaching switch during the season. Not to mention all of the front office distractions with Easterby. 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

My money is on B. 

I was actually at the game and he got boo'd off the field. 

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Over the last few years, some people on here have wanted to give up the house for crazy things. 

Trade for Watson

Break the bank for LeVeon Bell

Kept and paid Amari Cooper

Kept and paid Jared Cook

Instead we've made great moves like signing Trent Brown, Tyrell Williams, LaMarcus Joyner, Marcus Mariota and traded for Antonio Brown. We've also used 7 first round picks on great players such as Henry Ruggs, Damon Arnette, Alex Leatherwood, Clelin Ferrell, Jonathan Abram, and Josh Jacobs.