The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Why do quarterbacks get all the love for winning but when Carr losses it's everyone else's fault? 

Again, I dont know why you do that.
I rate us as a team. 

For example week 1, Carr played pretty good, but Jacobs was a god in the Redzone. Jacobs, not Carr wouldve got my game ball. 

I, and most other Carr supporters, are trying to say, it should not all go on the QB. 
You are the one who says they do, Not me. 

if we loss, 31-35, it typically means that the O was productive, but the D allowed a lot of points. 
So I am going to lean more towards blaming the D here then the O

is it really that complicated?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You guys are right, Carr is elite. Never top 10 in any stats, never wins more games then he loses, that's my quarterback. 

haha classic, exact same thing you did earlier when you ran out of counters to my arguments about Yannick.

just start saying things that no one is arguing lol 
Cheers bud!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

we had no WR create space for like 4 seconds. 
Carr rolled to the right, where he had Carrier and Zay Jones. 
Carrier was running left, when Carr was running right, Sure Carr coulve tried this pass, but it is almost impossible. 

It also wouldve been to Carrier who wouldve been running right into 2 players. A suicide pass 100%, and with Carr running to the right, there is no way he can get enough juice on the ball. It wouldve been soft, and Carrier wouldve been crushed if pass was good.

cant really tell what Zay was doing in the back corner, but I do agree, why not at least lob it up towards the back corner. 

Honestly, Carr made the mistake off not throwing the ball to Tyrell at the start of the play to the outside. 
He then tried to keep play alive, but rinning to the right really sewered him. 
Also watching that, it is clear our recievers dont practice what to do after the play breaks down

Throwing a pick or a turnover on downs does not matter much because you are turning the ball over.  If it is a close game then maybe throwing it away is a good move to help your defense but down 3 scores only a TD helps and a TO is does not matter.  That should have been in his head the entire time.  Give someone a chance and your team still has a chance.  A small one but you still have hope.  He quit and that is something you never want to see.  Mariota would have doubled back to the other side and extended the play.  Not saying MM is a better QB but he has a much better mindset for when you need to extend a play.  What many of us here say is that he is always going to live for the next play, drive, game, or season.  As the leader of the team you never give up.  Could have been 10 seconds left and down 3 scores.  You still try to put the ball in the endzone.

35 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha classic, exact same thing you did earlier when you ran out of counters to my arguments about Yannick.

just start saying things that no one is arguing lol 
Cheers bud!

Carr's conservative nature is the main reason our red zone offense has been terrible. 

53 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

But Jared Cook was a top 5-7 TE? 

Ok....

Randy Moss took plays off all the time.  Would I want him to walk?  Nope.  I will criticize him for it though. Yep.  I did not say cut Carr for it.  I said you never want to see it especially from a team captain.  1st, 2nd, 3rd down you can throw it away.  4th down when your only hope is a TD the last or 2nd to last thing you do is throw it away.

2017 - 6th in yards

2018 - 4th in yards and 4th in TDs

2019 - 8th in yards and 4th in the entire league for receiving TDs with NO

He was easily worth $7.5 million

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You guys are right, Carr is elite. Never top 10 in any stats, never wins more games then he loses, that's my quarterback. 

There was that 2016 year but I understand what you are saying.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you have to go back 5 years to make a case as to why a player is good, that's not a great sign. 

what is the cut off, and who decides this cutoff? You?
Because you sure love bringing up a play from 2 years ago 😆😆

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Throwing a pick or a turnover on downs does not matter much because you are turning the ball over.  If it is a close game then maybe throwing it away is a good move to help your defense but down 3 scores only a TD helps and a TO is does not matter.  That should have been in his head the entire time.  Give someone a chance and your team still has a chance.  A small one but you still have hope.  He quit and that is something you never want to see.  Mariota would have doubled back to the other side and extended the play.  Not saying MM is a better QB but he has a much better mindset for when you need to extend a play.  What many of us here say is that he is always going to live for the next play, drive, game, or season.  As the leader of the team you never give up.  Could have been 10 seconds left and down 3 scores.  You still try to put the ball in the endzone.

interesting. . . if it was a 1 score game Id be livid that he threw the ball away. 
Down 3 scores, when we hadnt stopped their run game all day, the game was over. Im sorry to break it to you, we werent just all of a sudden going to start stopping henry. 
Again, agreed yes give someone a chance. 
But it seemed most of our receivers gave up on the play before Carr did. What is he supposed to do then?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's conservative nature is the main reason our red zone offense has been terrible. 

Ill agree it is def one of the big reasons. 
Carr is also one of the main reasons we have so many red zone chances, which is something to consider. 
We move the ball well and chew up clock with Carr, and our D stil gives up 30 a lot.
Imagine, if we didnt have a ball control / clock killing O 

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

what is the cut off, and who decides this cutoff? You?
Because you sure love bringing up a play from 2 years ago 😆😆

I think over the last two seasons, last season in particular, Carr showed what he is. 2016 was a flash in a pan against a very soft schedule and even then he was on pace for like 4,000 yards and 30 TD. I don't hate Carr or think he's terrible, I just think he's a good player who will never really be able to win at the highest level unless he's surrounded by a top 5 team. Last year was year 7 and he still hasn't shown elite ability yet or the ability to win games when it counts.  

My biggest gripes with Carr are that he struggles in cold weather games and usually starts seasons strong and then has a major dip in the final portion of the season. He was one of the best QB's in the league the first 10 weeks of last season and played like absolute crap in the final 6 games when we were in playoff contention. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think over the last two seasons, last season in particular, Carr showed what he is. 2016 was a flash in a pan against a very soft schedule and even then he was on pace for like 4,000 yards and 30 TD. I don't hate Carr or think he's terrible, I just think he's a good player who will never really be able to win at the highest level unless he's surrounded by a top 5 team. Last year was year 7 and he still hasn't shown elite ability yet or the ability to win games when it counts.  

My biggest gripes with Carr are that he struggles in cold weather games and usually starts seasons strong and then has a major dip in the final portion of the season. He was one of the best QB's in the league the first 10 weeks of last season and played like absolute crap in the final 6 games when we were in playoff contention. 

I mean this will all get sorted this year. He will either perform, or he won't. It's hard to see us not having an improved defense. He gets his continuity in Gruden's offense with some new toys and more chemistry. If he doesn't improve, we look to find an understudy/replacement via trade. If he does, then awesome we are set at qb.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean this will all get sorted this year. He will either perform, or he won't. It's hard to see us not having an improved defense. He gets his continuity in Gruden's offense with some new toys and more chemistry. If he doesn't improve, we look to find an understudy/replacement via trade. If he does, then awesome we are set at qb.

I have been hoping to see improvement on our D over the last decade and YOY they are amongst the worst in the NFL.  ESPN has us voted as the worst D of the decade.....  Worse than the Lions, worse than the Browns.... Bottom of the barrel trash.  On the bright side we can only go up from here :)

• Like 1