The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No he didn't. Waller was out for most of that time. You're really reaching.

Who asked for perfect? When has the roster actually been considered good/top 10 in the last 10 years? That's what it takes to win in the playoffs/win a super bowl. For any team, regardless of qb.

But carr won December games without waller. So waller is carrs excuse for winning and losing?

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

But carr won December games without waller. So waller is carrs excuse for winning and losing?

That's not what I said. You're continuing to put words in my mouth.

The team won games. Carr didn't. We obviously moved the ball better with Renfrow and Waller. This is an idiotic hill to die on.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Unfortunately, us being Raider fans, you are right things probably never will be perfect. Not to sure what that has do to with Carr though, this team wasnt going to the Superbowl with Mahommes unfortunately. 
KC didnt even go to the superbowl with Mahommes, and I hope youd agree they have better weapons.

If Carr drives us downfield, and we score a Jacobs TD. . . I really dont give a sht. 
I know others want their QB to score 40 TDs a season, but I just want to score TDs. 
When you are a run first team, (we may not be any more), it doesnt surprise me for the QB to have less TDs. 

How were we as a team in the redzone?

It sounds good on paper but in reality if you’re qb isn’t a redzone threat defense sells out on the run game 

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That's not what I said. You're continuing to put words in my mouth.

The team won games. Carr didn't. We obviously moved the ball better with Renfrow and Waller. This is an idiotic hill to die on.

So why pay carr 40 mill if he’s not doing 40mill worth of work to get us wins.

While you have guys like maxx who are undeniably doing 30-40 mill worth of work to help us win. That’s a spit in the face to guys like maxx.

You could literally replace carr with Mac Jones and get the same production for a bargain 

can’t say the same about maxx 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

How were we as a team in the redzone?

It sounds good on paper but in reality if you’re qb isn’t a redzone threat defense sells out on the run game 

not good. But better on O in the red-zone than we were on D surprisingly. 

Yet, I cant blame the D, because thats just an excuse for Carr, right?  
We rip on Carr for the redzone struggles but just let the D off the hook. 
I believe it is you who always talks about how great the D was, but they were last in the nfl in redzone D.

Why should that not matter for the D?

And yes, but Mariotta was also ineffective in the redzone for us. 
Our run game was ineffective in the redzone for us.
Our penalties were extremely high in the redzone. 
And yes Carr also struggles in the redzone. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So why pay carr 40 mill if he’s not doing 40mill worth of work to get us wins.
While you have guys like maxx who are undeniably doing 30-40 mill worth of work to help us win. That’s a spit in the face to guys like maxx.

You could literally replace carr with Mac Jones and get the same production for a bargain 

can’t say the same about maxx 

Continuing to put words in my mouth. You just won't stop. I never advocated for 40 mil.

I'd like to see what he does is a good offense this year. 

Every top quarterback/getting more than 30 mil has good weapons. You want him to carry mediocre talent? Not like Mahomes or Allen are doing that. I'm also not advocating that he get as much cash, but they certainly aren't doing it either.

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

I believe it is you who always talks about how great the D was, but they were last in the nfl in redzone D.

The OL was bottom 3 in run blocking by a lot of metrics. Being one dimensional in the RZ is a big factor.

• Like 1

If guys wanna pay Carr 40M, so be it. You better be damn sure we pay Crosby as well. If we have to pick one or the other, Crosby over Carr is the easiest god damn choice in the world. EDGE is the 2nd most important position in the NFL, and Crosby is twice as good as Carr. Without Crosby, this team wins 7 games last year at most. Just absolute constant QB pressure throughout the season. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

If guys wanna pay Carr 40M, so be it. You better be damn sure we pay Crosby as well. If we have to pick one or the other, Crosby over Carr is the easiest god damn choice in the world. EDGE is the 2nd most important position in the NFL, and Crosby is twice as good as Carr. Without Crosby, this team wins 7 games last year at most. Just absolute constant QB pressure throughout the season. 

If we extend Carr and dont change his 2022 year pay, we should be able to front load the hell out of a Crosby contract. 
If we extend and move his money around, Crosby better be the next man up for an extension

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah but is this even a debate?

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah but is this even a debate?

This forum is predictable. If we pay Carr and not Crosby, everyone will hate it, yes, but the “excuse” everyone will use is we couldn’t keep both and if you pick one or the other, you pick the QB. I just see it now. No, you don’t pick the QB. Carr is no Mahomes or Allen. Crosby is right there with guys like Bosa, Bosa, and Watt. 

You are underestimating this forums non-stop justification process. 

17 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Blame the defense all you want it’s a free country 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Blame the defense all you want it’s a free country 

haha i was jsut answering your question of how were we as a team in the redzone.
looking at the numbers, we were better offensively than Defensively in the redzone. 

So if we agree that we need to fix our team in the redzone. . . 
Would it not make sense to look into fixing the D?

Both were disgustingly bad. 
On D we gave up TDs
77% of the time on the season. 91% at home and 65% on the road. WTF is that. 91% given up at home.

On O we scored TDs
49% of time on season. 57% at home and 41% away. 

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Continuing to put words in my mouth. You just won't stop. I never advocated for 40 mil.

I'd like to see what he does is a good offense this year. 

Every top quarterback/getting more than 30 mil has good weapons. You want him to carry mediocre talent? Not like Mahomes or Allen are doing that. I'm also not advocating that he get as much cash, but they certainly aren't doing it either.

Ok fair enough

answer me this:

do you think that fact the carr camp says he will only take a pay cut for devonte adams. But subsequently not for his own teammates like maxx makes a good statement.

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha i was jsut answering your question of how were we as a team in the redzone.
looking at the numbers, we were better offensively than Defensively in the redzone. 

So if we agree that we need to fix our team in the redzone. . . 
Would it not make sense to look into fixing the D?

Both were disgustingly bad. 
On D we gave up TDs
77% of the time on the season. 91% at home and 65% on the road. WTF is that. 91% given up at home.

On O we scored TDs
49% of time on season. 57% at home and 41% away. 

Come on man we’ve gone around the world and back on all that above lol

• Like 1