The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

McDaniels with the first public contract statement of “sweet spot”. Basically saying he’s likely not going to be paid Top 3 QB money. 

35-36M per is probably what ends up happening. They added a bunch of pieces and got Carr his guy he asked for. If Carr tries anything more than 35-36 per, it would be pretty selfish. 

Trade his arse and get Jimmy G, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

McDaniels with the first public contract statement of “sweet spot”. Basically saying he’s likely not going to be paid Top 3 QB money. 

35-36M per is probably what ends up happening. They added a bunch of pieces and got Carr his guy he asked for. If Carr tries anything more than 35-36 per, it would be pretty selfish. 

Translation: You’ll accept a team friendly deal or go into this season with your current one. Prove yourself as a top QB or we’ll send you to a team that will give you that big top 5 payday

Mcdaniels and Zigs winning me over. 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Translation: You’ll accept a team friendly deal or go into this season with your current one. Prove yourself as a top QB or we’ll send you to a team that will give you that big top 5 payday

Mcdaniels and Zigs winning me over. 

Or Carr holds out of training camp and you're either forced to extend him or trade him, lol.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Or Carr holds out of training camp and you're either forced to extend him or trade him, lol.

That's what a good organization does.. not give into the demands of a player. Especially when you met the demands of a player already and got his guy. Now Carr needs to keep his word. 40M a year is not keeping his word. 

So far I'm a big fan of McDaniels and Ziegler.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That's what a good organization does.. not give into the demands of a player. Especially when you met the demands of a player already and got his guy. Now Carr needs to keep his word. 40M a year is not keeping his word. 

So far I'm a big fan of McDaniels and Ziegler.

When did Carr ever say that he would take a team friendly deal? lol 

Good organizations pay their most important player.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Carr is in the Cousins tier and his extension was 35M per. 

When did Carr ever say that he was going to take a hometown discount and how is he currently not keeping his word? All of the contracts that Kirk has signed with Minnesota have been fully guaranteed. I'm sure Carr would take less if we did the same for him.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

When did Carr ever say that he was going to take a hometown discount and how is he currently not keeping his word? All of the contracts that Kirk has signed with Minnesota have been fully guaranteed. I'm sure Carr would take less if we did the same for him.

If Carr isn't selfish and wants to win, he'll take less. Especially since we got him his #1 request. 

Giving QB's a top market contract does not result in a Super Bowl Championship. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

If Carr isn't selfish and wants to win, he'll take less. Especially since we got him his #1 request. 

Giving QB's a top market contract does not result in a Super Bowl Championship. 

He never said that he'd take less if we got Adams though so how is he breaking his word either way? 

Matt Stafford was one of the highest paid QB's in the league last season and the Rams still won it.

Carr taking $35M is the best case scenario, $37-40M is more likely.