The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You’re missing the entire point.

What’s Megatron record as a starter? That’s right it isn’t kept as an official NFL statistic like starting records for QBs, coaches and GMs

My entire argument was the NFL recognizes QB records as an official stat. Most people argued against it saying that it isn’t a way to judge a QB and the NFL don’t know what their talking about, wins are a team statistic blah blah blah. 

QBs have the largest impact on a teams record. NFL proves that by recording it as a stat

Yes because they touch the ball on every play, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Blake Bortles didn't win much or produce, lol. Tim Tebow was one of the most polarizing players in the league and completed less than 50% of his passes. Jimmy G didn't get traded this offseason because his shoulder is shot.

They both made the playoffs and lost their job the next year. 
Someone was just saying it’s proven that the nfl thinks QBs is a win loss stat. 

If that was the case, they don’t lose their job after making playoffs / going on deep runs (bortles Jimmy G)

44 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Which definitely helps, but still isn't game day. 

Not to equate the two, obviously, but Zay worked out with Carr a lot too. 

Zay going to the park with Carr a few times is different than college bestie/teammate that you've worked out with every offseason for over a decade, lol.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No they don’t. I’ve never seen a qb play defensive lol. 
how can smart football fans think QBs touch the ball EVERY play lmao. 

once we are on D, there is nothing a qb can do to get the ball back or stop them giving up a TD. 

that is very important cause if a qb throws 5 tds in a game, and losses 42-35, I have a tough time putting the L on said qb

Edited by BackinBlack

Rodney Hudson and Andre James should be judged by wins and losses too. 

Just wait until "QB average drop back distance" becomes a stat recorded by the NFL lol. 

"Amongst QBs who drop back fewer than 3 yards...." 😂

Just now, BackinBlack said:

They both made the playoffs and lost their job the next year. 
Someone was just saying it’s proven that the nfl thinks QBs is a win loss stat. 

If that was the case, they don’t lose their job after making playoffs / going on deep runs (bortles Jimmy G)

Bortles didn't lose his job the next year he lost it two years later when he went 3-9 as a starter and regressed. 

Jimmy G hasn't lost his starting job yet, he's still on the 49ers roster. They traded up for Lance, just like the Chiefs did with Mahomes, because the team realized their ceiling was limited with him under center and they wanted a more dynamic player, lol.

If the NFL doesn't think that W/L is a QB stat then why is it recorded?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rodney Hudson and Andre James should be judged by wins and losses too. 

Just wait until "QB average drop back distance" becomes a stat recorded by the NFL lol. 

"Amongst QBs who drop back fewer than 3 yards...." 😂

Why is one of the hall of fame criteria for QB's W/L if it is not a QB stat my boy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

No they don’t. I’ve never seen a qb play defensive lol. 
how can smart football fans think QBs touch the ball EVERY play lmao. 

They touch the ball every play that their team has the ball, lol.

• Like 2

Bortles didn't lose his job the next year he lost it two years later when he went 3-9 as a starter and regressed. 

Jimmy G hasn't lost his starting job yet, he's still on the 49ers roster. They traded up for Lance, just like the Chiefs did with Mahomes, because the team realized their ceiling was limited with him under center and they wanted a more dynamic player, lol.

If the NFL doesn't think that W/L is a QB stat then why is it recorded?

For media, as I posted. 
nfl media def does. . . As I said

nfl talent evaluators do not, as I said. 

why ask questions I already posted lol.

why did rams trade for Stafford if everyone puts Ws and Ls only on QBs?

They touch the ball every play that their team has the ball, lol.

Haha well I could still even argue this with punts 🤣
but yes obviously qb is the most important single position. 
but I’d take the number 1 D over the number 1 qb. 
why? 
because that means I have the best 11 contributing to being the best. 

the best qb in league May only have a top 5 O, if his team is weak

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why is one of the hall of fame criteria for QB's W/L if it is not a QB stat my boy?

Sonny Jurgenson

Joe Namath

Just because the Hall maintains a stat, doesn't make it the be all, end all. They're far from perfect. 

Edited by ronjon1990

32 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Posters nitpick about Carr.  But the way I see it is:

-There are 3-6 QB's who can "win" you a superbowl in any given year. 

-There are 5-8 more QB's who you can win a superbowl "with" in any given year. 

There s another category of QB's who can't get you there if they are starting for you. Carr falls into the second category I believe. But people who think Carr isn't in the first group makes arguments against him from that perspective ("But he can't carry the team all the time!"), while arguers of the second group defend him from evidence believing in the 2nd group ("But he does do it sometimes and doesn't prevent us from winning games!"). It's an ongoing cycle. He is who he is, he's good enough where we can win one with him, but have to have a great team and/or great coaching.  

Quite frankly, this might be the first time we've had a "good" team where we can confidently say we're pretty talented without massive, glaring holes. Not a qb point, just me being happy with how the roster is shaping up.

• Like 1