> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

He’s just not dominate at all, has no awareness. I’d want to see him dominate tackles in college to warrant the 12th overall pick and I don’t see that on tape. I see him getting blocked by tightends at times. Graham showed pass rushing skills in college and it translated, as he ranks high in pressures every year. I’m not judging off production, but I see it on tape too. But yes I don’t like Rousseau either, but I might pick him over paye. I think jalean Philips is better then both of them. Pitts said himself on nfl network today he thinks the top 4 picks are qbs. 

He's dominant in the run game. I'll agree his awareness and pass rush arsenal needs work, but I think he has the character/work ethic/coachability and athletic traits to improve there. Like I said before I don't know how good our new d-line coach is at developing and we have bigger holes away from the LOS, so should we take him at 12 over a corner or receiver that might be there? Nah, but that's cool though. We'll see in 3-4 years who was right about Paye/Rousseau.

Also, what does Pitts know about who is getting drafted at 4? lol

I still think Atlanta should trade down if they aren't taking a QB, but I could see them taking Pitts for sure. 

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Asante Samuel would be a nice fit and they met with him too I believe.

I'd dig it

Go Smith then Asante Jr.

"See why Analysts hate them..."

Good players are good players. The mental makeup of the two of them would make for some spicy training camp matchups.

• Like 1

Just now, Kiltman said:

I'd dig it

Go Smith then Asante Jr.

"See why Analysts hate them..."

Good players are good players. The mental makeup of the two of them would make for some spicy training camp matchups.

Smith vs. Samuel in 1 on 1s in camp? That would be a fun match-up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I still think Atlanta should trade down if they aren't taking a QB, but I could see them taking Pitts for sure. 

Pitts, Marshall or Dyami Brown round two. Just try to win with the saints out of the way and two years of Matt Ryan. If it goes to hell move Julio and take on that dead cap to move Ryan. 
Taking a QB and letting them sit for two years just isn't the way teams do it nowadays.
Unless he's special, just load up and try to bounce back if you're Atlanta.

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He's dominant in the run game. I'll agree his awareness and pass rush arsenal needs work, but I think he has the character/work ethic/coachability and athletic traits to improve there. Like I said before I don't know how good our new d-line coach is at developing and we have bigger holes away from the LOS, so should we take him at 12 over a corner or receiver that might be there? Nah, but that's cool though. We'll see in 3-4 years who was right about Paye/Rousseau.

Also, what does Pitts know about who is getting drafted at 4? lol

He talks with them, they could tell pitts straight up if he’s going to be the pick since 3 Qbs are going before. For him to definitely say he thinks they’re going to draft a qb I think speaks volumes

4 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

He talks with them, they could tell pitts straight up if he’s going to be the pick since 3 Qbs are going before. For him to definitely say he thinks they’re going to draft a qb I think speaks volumes

You tripping, but its okay.

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Teams lie like crazy with the draft, they also leave people in the dark intentionally.

There are thousands of examples of teams telling prospects, agents or leak to the media that they love a guy and they'll take them if they can and then when comes the time with them on the board they go ghost.

If you're Atlanta it behooves you to spin the narrative to keep that value high. Every team wants the stupid haul the Dolphins got. Only way you get it is if it seems like they really need to pry it away or if there is a huge trade market. Which with the Panthers being out even before Darnold, is a small group and a lot further to fall than what the Phins had. (Denver, Pats, Washington, and maybe Chicago or the Steelers.)

I think they probably do love Pitts and will take him.
But preference will be some dumb team makes them an offer they can't refuse.
Would be great for them to move back.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Paye has high floor and anything but bust written all over him.

And, yeah... where did all of those sacks go from his last 2 years at Michigan to his time with the Eagles?

Looking at stats and judging a player is dumb.

I guess in your world Gregory Rousseau is much better than Kwity Paye.... 15.5 sacks as a redshirt freshman though!!

I'd argue that none of the pass rushers in this draft have a high floor. They're all ceiling guys. 

20 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yes. BIG yes. Would love it.

Was watching the OL show on Fox Sports with Geoff Schwartz and Duke Mayweather. Just premiered an hour ago.

It's on Youtube now. You can go to around 20 mins. That's where Meinerz part of the show starts.

Love his mentality and the outdoors stuff just reminds me of our linemen like Cox, Kelce, etc. 

Breaking down the tape of him pancaking a LB and falling on top of him he was like "I wanted to make sure by the end of the game he wasn't excited to go against me. Pancake him once and then fall on top of him. *laughs*" lol. Bring me him to learn behind Kelce and also get some reps at guard too. Then, Kelce probably retires after this year and he steps in. You can tell he loves the game and has a chip on his shoulder coming from a small school. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

21 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'd argue that none of the pass rushers in this draft have a high floor. They're all ceiling guys. 

Of the top batch, Paye does have the highest floor though. Harder to imagine him not making it to a second deal.
He has room to boom though yeah as he develops out the pass rushing side to his game.

Phillips would if it wasn't one bad bonk on the head from being done. 

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Of the top batch, Paye does have the highest floor though. Harder to imagine him not making it to a second deal.
He has room to boom though yeah as he develops out the pass rushing side to his game.

Yeah, Paye isn't the highest floor guy, because of his lack of pass rush moves, but at worst he's a good base end that can be disruptive in the run game and can rack up more pressures than sacks indicate, but obiously you would like to add some moves to his tool kit though. As far as Phillips goes I was mocking us Phillips in the 2nd religously for a while I could still get him there and calling him the top edge, but can't imagine him not being off the board somewhere between our first two picks. If he was on the board in the 2nd I'd take him even with the concussions in the past, but don't think we can or will take a risk on an injured player in round 1. Like if him and Farley are there at 37? Then, cool, but I don't see either making it there. Someone will take a chance.

I really think this receiver class is gonna be decently better than next years class where the corner class could be on par or better and edge class will almost certainly be better which is why I wanted an offensive weapon with our first pick and still prefer it. I just am starting to doubt that we do it unless Howie is just manipulating all of us with smokescreens.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If his floor was that high he'd be locked in to the top 6 - pass rushers are a premium and you have two teams in the top six with glaring holes there, yet you hear nothing about him. 

The main reason Paye is being linked here is because we have an incompetent GM who can't draft, said GM loves the OL/DL and the BG comparison. 

Edited by Scalamania

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I was mocking us Phillips in the 2nd religously for a while and calling him the top edge, but can't imagine him not being off the board somewhere between our first two picks. If he was on the board in the 2nd I'd take him even with the concussions in the past, but don't think we can or will take a risk on an injured player in round 1. Like if him and Farley are there at 37? Then, cool, but I don't see either making it there. Someone will take a chance.

I'd take Phillips over Paye in a heartbeat. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'd take Phillips over Paye in a heartbeat. 

That's fine. Jaelan Phillips is from around my way. He played HS in Redlands which is in the same county as me and I remember how bad I wanted him at USC as the top recruit in the country before he ultimately picked UCLA and that nitwit Chip Kelly. Not that he should've went to either school. If he chose a BIG 10, SEC, or ACC school instead and didn't suffer those concussions he's almost certainly a lock to go somewhere top 10 or so. I don't think there should be questions about his love for football. He didn't chose to retire. He was forced into it by a rule UCLA had. They made him medically retire before he went to a community college to study music engineering before deciding he couldn't do without football. Dude lost a ton of weight/muscle mass after he medically retired before transfering to Miami. He reshaped his body back to where it needed to be by going crazy in the weight room. But, yeah like I said we aren't taking him at 12 cause of injury concerns and who else is likely to be there, so its kinda a moot point. You don't have to convince me of what Phillips could be though.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <