> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

28 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I just think the needs at CB, LB, S, DE, DT, iOL, WR are so much more dire. Like with Goedert and Sanders already here I feel like we can get away with signing a cheap vet or two.  Both of those positions don't need starters for years. All of the positions I listed need starters this year or next most likely.

I get what you mean, but we will be addressing at least two of those Round one and two, and could also get one with that first 3rd. Even more if we are trading down.

If TE or RB are BPA in the 3rd we should do it, because this offense needs stability and both of those depth positions need good solutions to them. Goedert hasn't shown he can take the full workload and Sanders had some very clear conditioning issues and gets nicked up in camp a lot.... honestly can say both about them. Miles also has two years on his deal (potential hold out next year) and Goedert is soon up for his.

Personally I'd target both with our 5ths.

2 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Hurts said waddle was better then smith 😎

waddle is going to look nice in midnight green

Let's hope he can work to stay healthy and not end up like later Desean, and be the best weapon on the bench most of the season.

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

On 1/27/2021 at 4:15 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Honestly I have more faith in Pitts being a stud than Smith and maybe Chase, but yeah I think it would have to involve a trade back. If one of Chase or Smith are on the board at 6 I can’t see us not going receiver though.

Oh...

I could definitely see us taking Pitts. I'd be happy if we took him at 6 or later in a little trade back maybe with a team that might want Lance or Fields if he's there.

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What's the furthest you guys wanna trade down if that is an option you are okay with?

For me I think its the 49ers at 12th overall.

Unless someone past that comes calling with a huge offer which would have to include a 1st next year.

I think 12 is the absolute furthest.

I want to walk out with one of 

Chase, Pitts, Sewell, Farley, Waddle, Smith, Surtain or Slater. (pretty much in that order) 

48 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Undersized, athletic, great pass blocker in college. 

Slater can anchor and has better strength as a run blocker?? He's actually good with his hands?

He also has the versatility to kick in to guard and probably be a pro bowler there. Dillard couldn't do that. Honestly there's been talk by some that he could be a good fit at center too. That is 5 position versatility which is pretty rare. Dillard is probably only a left tackle and one that is gonna need more time before being a good starter specifically due to the lack of power. Slater may be able to do that as a rookie.

Not that it matters as I highly doubt he ends up an Eagle, but he'll likely make some team pretty happy in the top 15 or so.

I mean size wise and testing numbers wise I can see the comparison, but I don't think that's an accurate way to do a comp. If their play styles and strengths/weaknesses on the field matched up, then I would get it.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Chase, Pitts, Sewell, Farley, Waddle, Smith, Surtain or Slater. (pretty much in that order) 

I'd rather have Alijah Vera-Tucker than Pat Surtain and no that's not just me being a USC homer.

He's probably the 3rd best prospect in the last decade to come out of USC behind maybe only the likes of Tyron Smith (9th overall in 2011) and Leonard Williams (6th overall in 2015). I think AVT shouldn't make it out of the top 20. He's 15th on DJ's big board just behind Surtain. 

Part of the reason I don't want Surtain is his athleticism and him probably being a better fit for a team that plays more man. We'll likely be playing a lot more zone. Not saying he won't be a pretty good corner at the next level. I just think he's not the guy for us even if we trade back a bit.

If he's on the board at like the Steelers pick or later I've always scooped him up, but I don't think it would be as easy to trade up as the TDN simulator makes it and I also have faith the NFL won't let him slip far enough for us to trade up.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

There are so many slots in this class. If we don't come out with a nice one I will be disappointed. Need to watch more of them. I hate that Elijah Moore is going in the early to mid 2nd round now. I wanted him at 70.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah at #12 we are walking away with a good prospect still.

Looking at the board though, #15-#20 are doable, but we better be getting above value. Like at least next years #1 and this years 2nd.

Lawrence, Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Slater, Smith, Waddle, Wilson, Farley, JO-K, Parsons, Surtain. Fields, Lance, AV-T, Horn, Paye, Darrisaw, Barmore, Bateman. + Mac Jones who will likely go top 20. You’ll get your pick of at least two of them if we traded with the Bears to #20.

The Bears suck too so that 2022 1st should be at least top 15.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <