If you were the GM, who would you have taken:

DR43

Here's mine:

2. Devin Mims, WR, Baylor  Would love to obtain a RB but Mims is too much talent to pass up on.

3. John Simpson, G, Clemson  Tough pick.  I would have loved Lloyd Cushenberry or DaVon Hamilton but they're gone.  Safety Terrell Burgess  is very tempting but I will go with need.

4a. K'Von Wallace, Safety, Clemson  One of the best ranking players at this point and adds necessary depth to the safety position.

4b. Josiah Scott, CB, Michigan State.  Nickelback of the future.  4.42 40 time.  

6. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn.  I am very concerned why he fell so much.  Could it be because he is a late comer to the sport?  Still great value in round 6.

7. Benito Jones, NT, Mississippi  Draws double teams.  Not sure why he didn't get drafted.

• Like 2

Since I didnt know much about this class, its hard for me to weigh in too much.      I will say a few things.

-I wasnt overly happy about taking WR as early as we did.     I feel like this team drafts too many WRs early,   I get we are possibly losing Juju and we dont really have anyone notably reliable, but Claypool isnt going to come in and be that either.    Dont get me wrong, I feel like Claypool is a solid WR and could be a nice weapon, but most of his impact is going to be felt likely after Ben is gone (although, to be fair, you could say that about anyone we picked).      The pick was not shocking at all, and I get why they did it, I just felt like they couldve done a better job....

- I wouldve taken Dobbins.     I dont feel like Dobbins is a special prospect or anything, but I feel like he is pro ready and wouldve made a much bigger impact early on than Claypool will....and thats doubly true if Conner goes down. 

-Highsmith, admittedly, dont know him much, but I will say that it really seems like Colbert and/or Tomlin are becoming too Al Davis like, favoring athletes over players more and more each year.    Again, not saying Highsmith isnt good, but based on everything Ive seen/read/watched....seems like this was a pretty big reach based on the upside of his athleticism.     Im optimistic, but we will see.

-McFarland could be a huge steal if he stays healthy.

-I am very curious what we are doing at NT this year.    Losing Hargrave and replacing him with a late round rookie isnt ideal.     And please, no one suggest McCullers can start when he isnt even a good backup.    Might see a trade or a pickup in the preseason at NT....but its the only really glaring hole I see.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

-McFarland could be a huge steal if he stays healthy.

Do you feel he can be an everyday back?  

-I am very curious what we are doing at NT this year.    Losing Hargrave and replacing him with a late round rookie isnt ideal.     And please, no one suggest McCullers can start when he isnt even a good backup.    Might see a trade or a pickup in the preseason at NT....but its the only really glaring hole I see.   

I am guessing that at this point we're going to have to wait for roster cuts.

Also, who would you have drafted in Round 3?

Edited by DR43
forgot to ask question

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

Do you feel he can be an everyday back?  

I am guessing that at this point we're going to have to wait for roster cuts.

Also, who would you have drafted in Round 3?

McFarland...probably not every down back....but seems like the NFL is moving away from feature backs.   He and Conner could be a good tandem, if Conner doesnt expect big money next offseason.

In round 3, I dont know.  Im fine with the position....just saying it seems like Highsmith may have been a reach.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 1:15 PM, DR43 said:

Here's mine:

2. Devin Mims, WR, Baylor  Would love to obtain a RB but Mims is too much talent to pass up on.

3. John Simpson, G, Clemson  Tough pick.  I would have loved Lloyd Cushenberry or DaVon Hamilton but they're gone.  Safety Terrell Burgess  is very tempting but I will go with need.

4a. K'Von Wallace, Safety, Clemson  One of the best ranking players at this point and adds necessary depth to the safety position.

4b. Josiah Scott, CB, Michigan State.  Nickelback of the future.  4.42 40 time.  

6. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn.  I am very concerned why he fell so much.  Could it be because he is a late comer to the sport?  Still great value in round 6.

7. Benito Jones, NT, Mississippi  Draws double teams.  Not sure why he didn't get drafted.

I can’t disagree with any of that, I’d love that draft. I like what the Steelers did in the draft, but I love your draft even more!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 3:16 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

I am very curious what we are doing at NT this year.    Losing Hargrave and replacing him with a late round rookie isnt ideal.     And please, no one suggest McCullers can start when he isnt even a good backup.    Might see a trade or a pickup in the preseason at NT....but its the only really glaring hole I see

There are nose tackles still available in free agency. And ones that are worth signing, not just bodies.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/defensive-tackle/

1. Damon Harrison

2. Brandon Mebane

3. Domata Peko 

4. Sylvester Williams

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1