Toronto Mounties Dynasty (Patriots Relocation Franchise) - Season Two - Now with 100% more Kyler Murray - AFC Championship Loss :(

Dome

18 hours ago, Danger said:

How the hell do you get a 92 OVR SSXF young QB on a 1 year 18M deal????? That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in Madden in a long time.

Rumors are he was waffling on baseball, still... :ph34r: 

It was the only offer he got. IDK why.

18 hours ago, csp911 said:

is this over?

not at all, I bought a far cry bundle (fc4, fc primal and fc5) and have been ripping through those.

I was going to take a break because killing cultists is getting tiresome. I can jump back into this in the next day or two. i wasn't even sure people were reading lol.

Edited by Dome

5 hours ago, Dome said:

Rumors are he was waffling on baseball, still... :ph34r: 

It was the only offer he got. IDK why.

not at all, I bought a far cry bundle (fc4, fc primal and fc5) and have been ripping through those.

I was going to take a break because killing cultists is getting tiresome. I can jump back into this in the next day or two. i wasn't even sure people were reading lol.

these franchises are the only reason i log on currently hahaha!

On 6/8/2020 at 2:55 PM, Danger said:

How the hell do you get a 92 OVR SSXF young QB on a 1 year 18M deal????? That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in Madden in a long time.

Nah, trading during the draft is wonky as hell. I had pick #7 and couldn't trade down for anything reasonable. The best offer I could come up with was #7 and #42 for #21. Yep, I had to pay to move down. Needless to say, I didn't do it.

Preseason Trade....

Mounties send QB Sean Reece and a 4th round pick to the Buccaneers for their first round pick.

Reece is an 80 OVR strong-arm QB and will be a +8 upgrade over Mason Rudolph. He's got limited upside with poor athleticism and normal development but he's got great arm strength and above average accuracy. The Buccaneers get their QBotF, and the Mounties turn a former 2nd round QB into an additional 1st round pick. 

One more trade...

Mounties trade Noah Igbinoghene to the Steelers for a 6th round pick.

He's a meh cornerback, we don't need him. I shouldn't have extended him for two years, but it was an insurance policy. I'll eat that cap hit now in exchange for an extra selection in the draft. He'll be the #3 CB in Pittsburgh. 

Rookie JaMichael Underwood is going to play both FS and SS and that will let Jabrill Peppers be the starting slot defender.

Edited by Dome

And another....

Mounties trade FS Kyle Dugger and a 6th to the 49ers for a 3rd round pick. He'll give them a +4 boost at the position, as well as having a quick development trait. 

Dugger is a 77 OVR with Silver Star potential. He's only been in the league 3 season now and is just 27 years old. He's a good player, but was a luxury with no elite traits. He was heading into a contract season as well, so the 49ers will need to contend with that. 

Edited by Dome

Year Two

Roster
Week 1

Quarterback   Halfback   Fullback   Wide Receiver   Tight End
K Murray 26 92   D Hankins 23 81   L Clemons 23 68   D McAlister 23 84   C Fletcher 25 79
S Hart 25 62   A Fox 22 74           N Harry 25 81   T Moss 26 76
N Valentine 24 55   B Matthews 23 70           L McNeill 25 72   G Lynch 24 67
                        Z Ross 23 63        
                        E Pittman 23 59        

Left Tackle   Left Guard   Center   Right Guard   Right Tackle
I Wynn 27 80   J Thuney 30 82   D Andrews 31 81   S Mason 30 85   R Ramczyk 29 92
T Pipkins 26 70   Z Byars 23 69           W Clapp 26 67   R Kassell 21 69

Left End   Right End   Defensive Tackle   Outside Linebacker   Middle Linebacker
I Anthony 23 79   C Young 25 88   D Hand 26 83   K Mabry 24 72   F Warner 26 91
C Gold 25 63   K Hoskins 25 73   D Manning 25 74   K Griggs 24 63   R Godfrey 24 71
        R Fuller 26 67   M Hyde 23 71           R Spikes 23 70
                J Talbott 24 70           C Pace 24 70
                        J Bentley 27 83        
                        R Meredith 22 65        

Cornerback   Free Safety   Strong Safety   Kicker / Punter        
J Jackson 27 85   L Hankins 24 81   J Peppers 27 88   P Zahn 23 72        
K Fuller 28 83   L Scandrick 24 73   J Collins 23 62                
J Underwood 22 76   V Atkins 22 62           J Bailey 26 79        
C Rosemond 24 73                                
A Little 25 67                                

Offense: Cardinals playbook, WC Spread scheme. 
Defense: Bengals playbook, 4-3 Cover 3 scheme.

Week 1: 20-17 Loss @ LA Chargers

Rookie RB Antwan Fox goes off for 25 yards on 13 carries. Oof. 

Kyler Murray played OK, throwing for 240 yards on 29 passes with 2 TDs and 1 INT. He also rushed for 36 yards on 5 attempts.

Defense forced the Chargers to play small ball all game, but they beat us on a last minute FG. Ekler scored on a 4-yard run (61 yards on the day at 4.1 ypc) and Justin Herbert only passed for 198 yards and a 1-yard TD.

Wee needed more from the offense.

Week 2: 21-13 Win vs Miami Dolphins

Other than Xavien Howard single-handedly taking over the 1st half with two interception of KM and Devante Parker feasting for 140 yards on 6 catches, we handled our division rivals well.

Kyler Murray threw for just 170 yards, with 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Rookie RB Antwan Fox had a great week after a slow start in Week One. He went 102 yards on 17 carries.
2nd year RB Dom Hankins had 21 yards on 6 carries and added another 54 yards on 3 catches.

Rookie CB/SS JaMichael Underwood had the first INT of his career, and Jabrill Peppers had a 48-yard pick 6 off Tua later in the game. Defense played great. 

Scouting has opened up. I'll start a big board and once it starts filling, I'll post it.

Picks (Day 1 & 2)
1st
1st (Buccaneers pick, in deal for QB Sean Reece)
2nd 
3rd
3rd (49ers pick, in deal for FS Kyle Dugger)

Picks (Day 1 & 2)
Quarterback (if Murray is not retained)
DL (Edge and DT)
OL (Across the board)
TE (Need something more than a blocker with OK hands)

Week 3: 21-21 Tie vs The Giants :|

Murray moved the ball well, throwing for 9.1 YPA and 1 TD on 29 attempts. He also rushed for 29 yards on 4 attempts. 

Antwan Fox ran the ball for 105 yards on 25 attempts.
Dom Hankins added 65 yards on 15 attempts of his own. We really ran the ball a lot this game. 

Saquan Barkley baptized our defense to the tune of 3 TDs and 189 rushing yards on just 12 carries, and 1 catch for 29 yards. We had NO answers for Barkley. 

JaMichael Underwood had his 2nd interception, seeing most his time at SS while Peppers comes down to play the slot. I might make him a safety full time if he keeps playing well in this role, he's had 2 INTs in 3 games. Defense is playing well so far this year.

Edited by Dome

Week 4: 24-7 Win @ Denver Broncos

Great road win. Defense was stifling, limiting Drew Lock to 149 yards on 27 attempts.

Kyler Murray threw for 255 yards, with 2 TDs and 1 INTs. He's pretty consistent with stats like this. I don't think this is cutting it offensively, but we're winning games so I'm hesitant to make changes.

Rookie RB Antwan Fox continued to shoulder the majority of the carries, 21 for 67 yards.
While 2nd year RB Dom Hankins had 36 yards on 8 carries and added a 10 yard catch as well.

Four sacks and 15 incomplete passes (56% incomplete) credited to the defense.

Edited by Dome

Week 5:  14-11 Win @ Miami

Swept the Dolphins! And our TE was upgraded to Quick Silver Star Dev after scoring both of the teams TDs. Really good week. 

Kyler Murray had his typical game... 193 passing yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT. We know what he is in this system. Might need to switch it up for better offensive results.

Tua had 3 INTs today... One by LB Fred Warner, one by CB Kendall Fuller... and Rookie DB J Underwood snagged his 3rd of the season!

Nobody else did anything notable. Boring game, but a win is a win.