Is it time for the Chargers to trade Philip Rivers?

DigInBoys

2 hours ago, Danger said:

It seems like a failing marriage right now. Leaving San Diego might just be the wedge that drives them apart.

He was fairly outspoken about not wanting to move to LA. It would be one thing if they were winning...but with an 0-4 start and every loss this season by one score, dudes gotta be frustrated as hell. If I'm the Chargers, I work with Rivers to trade him. And by that I mean at least trade him to a team that he's fine going to. 

But only one that makes sense is Jacksonville. I'm still a Bortles believer long term but that team can win now with a QB like Rivers. Jax competes with Rivers at QB, maybe talks Blake into sitting a couple years and learning from the guy and fixing his mechanics, win win. 

Then the Bolts should just YOLO and start Cardale and then go 1-15 and get Rosen or Darnold. LA gets another Cali kid at QB like the Rams and have rebuilded on the fly

I think 2014 was probably his last chance to get a good deal with anybody. At least then he was coming off a playoff run. Now it may be too late. He's still respectable, but not the player he used to be. I'd have to agree with the crowd and say the Jags are the only team that might give him a shot.

Archived