Name Your favorite All time Redskin Player

On 5/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, lavar703 said:

Sean Taylor

Darrell Green

LaVar Arrington

Clinton Portis

These four are my all-time favorites. I’d probably elevate Sean above the rest but that’s my list. Green, in my opinion, is the greatest corner to play the game based on his size and what he was capable of doing against bigger foes. Arrington, despite the way fans feel about him, was simply nasty when Schottenheimer and Lewis were running the defense. You saw the immense talent and gamewrecking ability during that period. Portis was just an exceptional talent. Hell of a team player and a top 5 back for most of his career. 

Lots of recency bias, but that's what is going to happen with football fans of all ages coming together.  

I'm no fan of Arrington, and even Lewis had his problems with Arrington, but those were absolutely his best years.  And Clinton Portis being put into an offense that was diametrically opposed to his skill set and still succeeding is up on my list of impressive NFL feats.  

I'd have to say Taylor and Green are on my Mount Rushmore of Redskins.  I'd probably add Sammy Baugh and Charley Taylor to that as well.  

My favorite though is my uncle.  He caught some TD passes from Sammy Baugh and was a finalist for the top 70 team they did back when that was a thing two decades ago.  

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 10:22 AM, turtle28 said:

Darrell Green’s stop at the goal line vs the Vikings which propelled us to the Super Bowl in 88.

I'll never stop loving this. But if you watch closely Green never knocks it out (as most Redskins fans seem to recall). The receiver had already bobbled it by the time Green laid the wood to him. He just kept him from grabbing it again.

It's still a great play in Redskins history though. One of my all time favorites (Gibbs was down on both knees and I was nervous as hell)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dutch Redskins fan said:

Mine is: Chris Samuels.

Fantastic left tackle who made sure Clinton could do his thing. Extremely durable and a sad ending of his career.

Yeah, also sad that most people took him for granted. He was one of the best OL in Redskins history.

• Like 1

In the 80s loved watching John The Diesel Riggins rumbling for first downs and touchdowns.  I loved wearing #44 through pop Warner and high school playing RB & FS!  Of course, I credit the Hogs creating lanes for the Diesel!

Edited by redskins4life
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, redskins4life said:

In the 80s loved watching John The Diesel Riggins rumbling for first downs and touchdowns.  I loved wearing #44 through pop Warner and high school playing RB & FS!  Of course, I credit the Hogs creating lanes for the Diesel!

A lot of times it was no lane though. It was a Rugby scrum ! Riggins would hit the pile at the line of scrimmage and then the push began. He and the o-line would just move the entire pile of humanity 3-4-5 yards. Over and over. They were virtually unstoppable. When he did break one, he had excellent speed to take it to the House !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only started following the NFL in 2004/2005, so there's some definite recency bias.

1. Sean Taylor

2. Santana Moss (Have a signed jersey of his) 

3. Ryan Kerrigan 

Honorable mentions to Cooley, Fletcher, Landry (Imagine how many concussions Area 51 would have dished out if Landry&Taylor played together for 10 years. Sickening to think about)

I have feeling Chase is gonna quickly work his way up that list. I already love his game and his attitude. I wish nothing but the best for him

• Like 3