Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

Just now, Forge said:

But just fyi, you as a friendly other makes no sense to me

"friendly" meaning i can win with anyone as long as harry is dead.

not friendly to harry, but it's not like I was trying to kill students.

Just now, Dome said:

I'm glad you guys want to talk about this now, and not all day before the lynch. Top notch stuff. 

I only wanted you, dome. That hasn't changed now, so there was really nothing for you and I to discuss. I want going to change my mind earlier. You were the one I felt best about

Just now, Dome said:

not friendly to harry, but it's not like I was trying to kill students.

Still makes no sense when I think there are two Slytherin remaining and hobo is clearly not with them by virtue of the double hit on squire. 

If you're a friendly other, you don't impact the WinCon, so no harm. Hobo can hit et tonight, etc etc. 

If I'm wrong about the Slytherin, then there's only one, which means we weren't as bad off as we thought to begin with

Just now, Dome said:

I'm pretty sure that mine is the same. I assume that I can win with town, since a town loss is just one of three possible win conditions. So I've been kind of sliding their way over the course of the game. Besides the Josh hit. He was just asking too many questions. Actually, that also may have played into why I targeted squire and biggio, too.

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Lol I have to hear this story.

It was pretty funny. He and dome also flat out bussed Matts in aegons conquest... So the "selling our teammate thing for no reason" is not a real argument given past precedent

Just now, Forge said:

Still makes no sense when I think there are two Slytherin remaining and hobo is clearly not with them by virtue of the double hit on squire. 

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Just now, Forge said:

If you're a friendly other, you don't impact the WinCon, so no harm. Hobo can hit et tonight, etc etc. 

Okay.

Just now, Forge said:

If I'm wrong about the Slytherin, then there's only one, which means we weren't as bad off as we thought to begin with

Okay. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It was pretty funny. He and dome also flat out bussed Matts in aegons conquest... So the "selling our teammate thing for no reason" is not a real argument given past precedent

did we provide the info that got him lynched? or did we simply support his lynch when others caught him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dome said:

did we provide the info that got him lynched? or did we simply support his lynch when others caught him?

He was gone that day I'm pretty sure. Daughters championship or something? So don't think they caught him I'm pretty sure.  I could be remembering the matts stuff incorrectly, but Malf was under some heat. 

• Like 1

I don't know if I want to hit et, though. If the game continues, not hitting et will ensure that he's the lynch and I'm not mis-lynched. It would just prolong the game by one phase, but it would be worth it imo by almost definitely assuring a win. If dome isn't it and I don't hit et, then we lynch et tomorrow and I will hit someone besides Forge. Mathematically, that should do it.

• Like 1

This and Dark Souls mafia have been the two best so far. This one because it subverted expectations, had the funniest write-ups, and we still have no idea how this will go. Dark souls because it was just great with activity start-to-finish, I actually did some great game solving, decided to finally play the Dark Souls game franchise AND had my first win. The only mafia that I really haven't liked as much so far was Coronavirus, and that's because I was even more confused than normal, since it was my first one and mafia wasn't really explained to me until the next game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

He was gone that day I'm pretty sure. Daughters championship or something? So don't think they caught him I'm pretty sure.  I could be remembering the matts stuff incorrectly, but Malf was under some heat. 

was this the game I posted only gifs as scum, then won?