Penei Sewell ranked as the highest graded OL in 2019

turtle28

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

As we’ve discussed before, Sewell should definitely be a top target of the Redskins for the 2021 draft.

He’d be an amazing addition but he’s going too 5. I don’t think we’re a natural bottom  5 team but we will see. He is a Foreal blue chip talent. I only really had Chase Simmons Okudah and Burrow as my blues last year. I think people get carried away with blue chip because I only have 2 to 6 and 6 in a class is alit. Blue chips are only players that could play in a by scheme and shrill be a 10 time pro bowl player. That is a rare talent and Sewell will be a beast

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Unless Saahdiq actually is good. What about that

I think Charles is a really solid player. I don’t even see is that high but If we were that high I can kick Charles to Guard and that would be a OL to match our DL if we added Sewell. But I also like the Stanford LT for us round 1. Personally I’m drooling over Michah Parsons and the TE from Penn St. I think those two pre season are my top tagets for this team. But Sewell would be huge because it allows our trenches to really have to top talent on both sides

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He’d be an amazing addition but he’s going too 5. I don’t think we’re a natural bottom  5 team but we will see. He is a Foreal blue chip talent. I only really had Chase Simmons Okudah and Burrow as my blues last year. I think people get carried away with blue chip because I only have 2 to 6 and 6 in a class is alit. Blue chips are only players that could play in a by scheme and shrill be a 10 time pro bowl player. That is a rare talent and Sewell will be a beast

Name 5 teams on paper worse than us. It’s tough. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think we will be drafting in the top 5 again. I think our young players will make strides again this year but, we have a tough schedule and I think our young players are a year away from being ready to consistently play at a high level.

On offense for example, you can look at most of our key position players & Haskins and point to them not having even a full season of NFL games played under their belts:

Haskins, Guice, Love, Harmon, Sims Jr, Gibson, AGG.

Not saying these guys aren’t going to make some big plays and aren’t capable, I just don’t think they consistently do it this year. I think there will be ups and downs with this young team and we’ll probably win 5 or 6 games and be drafting in the top 5 or right around it in next years draft.

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Unless Saahdiq actually is good. What about that

It depends on how good our LT position shakes out. Of course Charles or even Christian could have good seasons there but at this moment I’d bank on us still wanting a player like Sewell there and him being amongst the best available with our pick, if we end up having the record I think we will.

I didn’t feel like making a new thread, but watch out for Chris Olave. He’s not the fastest guy but Is an exceptional route runner. He could also be an option for us next year beyond guys we’ve already talked about like Sewell OT Oregon, Micah Parsons LB Penn State, Ja’Marr Chase WR LSU, Shaun Wade CB Ohio State, Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama and Sam Cosi OT Texas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/LongFormArticle/CBS-Sports-updates-2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-first-round-Trevor-Lawrence-Justin-Fields-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Ohio-State-LSU-147930259/Amp/

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

He’s an awesome route runner, but doesn’t have elite athleticism. He reminds me of Keenan Allen.

Yeah. The more I've watched Allen play, the more I'm just gobsmacked at his ability to run routes and make DBs look silly. He absolutely should become a WR coach after he retires

• Like 1

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I didn’t feel like making a new thread, but watch out for Chris Olave. He’s not the fastest guy but Is an exceptional route runner. He could also be an option for us next year beyond guys we’ve already talked about like Sewell OT Oregon, Micah Parsons LB Penn State, Ja’Marr Chase WR LSU, Shaun Wade CB Ohio State, Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama and Sam Cosi OT Texas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/LongFormArticle/CBS-Sports-updates-2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-first-round-Trevor-Lawrence-Justin-Fields-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Ohio-State-LSU-147930259/Amp/

Parsons is my favorite player going into this draft along with Farmouth their TE. Sewell is a beast!!!!!! Ja’marr is one of the only WR’s that I’d even consider picking before 10. Hes that good for me to draft a WR that high you have to be amazing he’s that and more. I can’t wait to start my tour this year hopefully we get this season normal big prayers a exciting class another deep small school class very excited about the last 4 and these next 2 look packed up as well

Penie Sewell is likely to be top 3 if he continues his high level playing. What I hope is, that, we can end up mid round and not top of the draft cause that means, another QB. I have also read that Saadiq Charles is being a potential LT replacement so long as his troubles off the field are behind him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mike23md said:

Penie Sewell is likely to be top 3 if he continues his high level playing. What I hope is, that, we can end up mid round and not top of the draft cause that means, another QB. I have also read that Saadiq Charles is being a potential LT replacement so long as his troubles off the field are behind him. 

I sure hope that happens as well. That would be a good sign for Dwayne and the development of our young team if we are picking in the teens and not the top 5 again.