FF7 REMAKE (spoilers)- moved to FF general thread.

From page 13 on, the FF thread here is pretty much all about FF7 Remake (and it's been kept spoiler free).

Bottom line - if you loved FF7, get it.  It won't disappoint.      Be open to the changes at the end, it's what makes it different than just a remake - but it rewards ppl who loved FF7 so much (at least so far).     Don't read up on what happened, and try to stay spoiler free for the next 3 years (good luck lol).

If you never have played FF7 - get it.   It's that good.   Just try to stay spoiler free on the FF7 events of the first version for the 1-5 years until the sequel (good luck lol).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If you never have played FF7 - get it.   It's that good.   Just try to stay spoiler free on the FF7 events of the first version for the 1-5 years until the sequel (good luck lol).

I see that you are a glass half full, optimist sort. 

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

I see that you are a glass half full, optimist sort. 

Well now that they have the 1st game in the can, the programming details for the basic skeleton should be there.   That's a huge part of the development cycle.   And they don't have any major gameplay elements to fix IMO - the open world is obviously going to be a challenge, though.  

1 year is a pipe dream, though, that's fair lol.

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well now that they have the 1st game in the can, the programming details for the basic skeleton should be there.   That's a huge part of the development cycle.   And they don't have any major gameplay elements to fix IMO - the open world is obviously going to be a challenge, though.  

I wouldn't be positive about that tbh. I'm assuming that this isn't going to be a 2 part endeavor. I'm guessing they release something like 4-5 games? And with the next playstation on the horizon, you know that not all of them are coming out for the ps4, so they are going to have completely rebuild the architecture for next generation, I think. Unless they have the majority of it done and the plan is to release everything within the next 18 mos. Which given Square's history seems....unlikely. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't be positive about that tbh. I'm assuming that this isn't going to be a 2 part endeavor. I'm guessing they release something like 4-5 games? And with the next playstation on the horizon, you know that not all of them are coming out for the ps4, so they are going to have completely rebuild the architecture for next generation, I think. Unless they have the majority of it done and the plan is to release everything within the next 18 mos. Which given Square's history seems....unlikely. 

I don't think we'll see less than 3 games, for sure.  I just suspect we'll see the next version for PS4 / PS5 both assuming it's out in the next 2 years.   

(And yes, when it comes to Square, I'm an eternal optimist - I finally got the Secret of Mana sequel here! LOL).

17 hours ago, Broncofan said:

From page 13 on, the FF thread here is pretty much all about FF7 Remake (and it's been kept spoiler free).

Bottom line - if you loved FF7, get it.  It won't disappoint.      Be open to the changes at the end, it's what makes it different than just a remake - but it rewards ppl who loved FF7 so much (at least so far).     Don't read up on what happened, and try to stay spoiler free for the next 3 years (good luck lol).

lol thanks! I don't want to spoil anything just wanna talk to others who've played it and where they think its going......

@Forge get it!

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

lol thanks! I don't want to spoil anything just wanna talk to others who've played it and where they think its going......

@Forge get it!

If you want to edit this into a "spoiler" thread I suppose we could do that.

I have played and beaten it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If you want to edit this into a "spoiler" thread I suppose we could do that.

I have played and beaten it.

Does anyone really beat a game with an obvious sequel to it?   I mean, really?

(I kid.....kinda).

Count me in, and I did all the side quests, too.  Haven't taken on the optional other battles yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Merge?

Just got to Chapter 16 last night before I quit. Just need to get a couple more weeks out of this and I feel I should be able to since I usually only play late on weekends for a couple hours a night

A merge is fine, but if this was a Spoiler thread, then it would serve a separate function, just saying.