• Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
    • Spirited Away
    • The Prestige
    • Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    • Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Pan's Labyrinth

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2020 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed, it is visually awesome and the story is extremely unique.  Absolutely fits the category 100%, the rest just kind of fit but are more action/adventure films with fantasy aspects.  Pan's Labyrinth makes The Shape of Water look like a piece of **** honestly, if anything should have a Best picture and Best director Oscar it is Pan's Labyrinth. 

The fact that it wasn't even nominated in either category was a travesty.

Edited by rob_shadows

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Avatar gets treated too harshly.  Everyone knows they loved that movie the first time they saw it.  Still, Pan’s Labyrinth is better.  Might hold my vote for a second though.

Hated it first time I saw it, and hated it even more each time I had to rewatch it. 

17 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Hated it first time I saw it, and hated it even more each time I had to rewatch it. 

Had to rewatch it?  Why?  I have purposefully avoided rewatching it from start to end.

One has to, say get your oil changed, one does not have to rewatch Avatar.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

Had to rewatch it?  Why?  I have purposefully avoided rewatching it from start to end.

One has to, say get your oil changed, one does not have to rewatch Avatar.  

Lmao, funny enough I was getting my oil changed and it was on Fox for one of those times. Took 2 hours because of a recall I had on my car. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Lmao, funny enough I was getting my oil changed and it was on Fox for one of those times. Took 2 hours because of a recall I had on my car. 

I would rather stare off aimlessly sitting in a waiting room than watch Avatar, did they not have a remote?  Oddly enough I got a nail in my tire today, second one in the past few months.  Thankfully I put on the doughnut to avoid the waiting room but still, no way I would choose to watch Avatar in that time span.  If there was a TV with it on and say one could not turn the channel I would rather shut it off.  That or just read the newspaper, SI or local business magazine.  

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would rather stare off aimlessly sitting in a waiting room than watch Avatar, did they not have a remote?  Oddly enough I got a nail in my tire today, second one in the past few months.  Thankfully I put on the doughnut to avoid the waiting room but still, no way I would choose to watch Avatar in that time span.  If there was a TV with it on and say one could not turn the channel I would rather shut it off.  That or just read the newspaper, SI or local business magazine.  

A couple phones ago, my cell phone had an IR blaster, and the universal remote apps are surprisingly good (even the free ones), and I routinely changed channels are restaurants, bars, auto shops, etc...  For some reason that doesn't seem to come on most phones anymore, which is a damn shame because I loved that feature.  I'm pretty sure it was the Samsung Galaxy S5, which is maybe the best phone I ever owned.