Browns General Discussion

candyman93

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I understand why you say that. However, I think he’s waaaayy too big to be playing LT. He needs to lose a crap ton of weight before I even consider it.

I remember Trent Brown starting for the last Pats Super Bowl team (a team I think we could try to copy). However, he’s kind of an exception not the norm.

I agree, that’s why I said dark horse and also said after the fifth year option in 2024. :) 

I can see him eating his way out of the league too.

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I agree, that’s why I said dark horse and also said after the fifth year option in 2024. :) 

I think your idea makes a lot of sense though. It’s why I wanted Blake Freeland.

We’re trying to get massive on the offensive line. I’m talking 90’s Cowboys or Joe Gibbs hogs massive.

If Dawand could replace Jedrick, our smallest offensive linemen would be Wyatt Teller lol

Edited by candyman93

Jones is heavy and all that, but he’s actually mobile for his size.  And most importantly he’s a good football player.

Some positions are traits based and H/W/S is a big thing, I’d argue OL is not one of them.  Now, being huge can help, as can be strong, and quick and whatever else, but it’s a position where technique and having a good understanding of leverage, good balance, etc can make up for a lot of that stuff.

For all the negatives to his size and game, he doesn’t get beat much.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s because of what makes Trent Brown good. It’s very difficult getting around a massive mountain.

With the length and decent movement skills, yeah.  Pair that with the fact you can’t really run through him because he’s goddam enormous and it’s an effective combo.

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If this kids averages 1,100+ yards and 10+ TDs nobody will give a damn about character concerns

Does he have a long standing issue of character concerns?  I don’t recall anything from college other than one immature penalty.  

19 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Does he have a long standing issue of character concerns?  I don’t recall anything from college other than one immature penalty.  

No. Barring him hating his QB situation in NY, he’s a high character guy from everything I heard pre draft.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What if Wills is just not comfortable on the left side 

I’m not saying you’re off here, but that wouldn’t have anything to do with his lazy arse approach to blocking in general.

He’s a spectator with the best spot in the place waaaaaayyyyyy too often.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Dawand Jones is an amazing prospect whose only concern is injuries at that size. Which is projecting, even then. He has LT potential for sure. Dude can do it all. 

If Trent Brown can play LT, Dawand Jones absolutely can. Jones is about 20 pounds heavier and that’s about how much he needs to lose imo.

On 5/8/2023 at 2:57 PM, MWil23 said:

It is very interesting with the difference between him and a starting left this could have cost him 20 million. 

If that does not motivate you what are chances of success. 

Are defensive tackle out of Baylor why not get ripped sense you basically had December, January, February, March, and April the proper trainers and he should be vita veigh.

That is why I am wate and see mode on those 2.

If the kid from Baylor comes on throw the ball then keep him out there chances are he gets gassed by the 5 or 6 pass play