Browns General Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Re-sign Delpit. Dude is playing at an All Pro level. I’d try to work a deal with him now and lock him up before he gets paid even more on the open market.

At a minimum you’d have to franchise him tbh.  Outside of Myles he’s arguably been our best defender.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Re-sign Amari. Our WR corps sucks outside of him and he’s absolutely producing at a solid level. DPJ has been a ghost and Moore has major fumble issues. Maybe Tillman can step into a 2/3 spot, but this should be a priority to address going forward.

I’m hoping DPJ shows more moving forward, but Amari just continues to show just how damned good he is.  I can’t imagine trying to find someone to replicate what he’s done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://x.com/starrettjason/status/1706103840083210380?s=20 

more stats that show just how unreal our defense has been 

Huge test this Sunday.

Baltimore is really banged up, but Lamar is Lamar and Andrews is Andrews.

We won’t be able to play as much man with Lamar’s scrambling ability and the heavier personnel will be a test for the Front 7. I think Taki plays a lot this week.

Golden opportunity at 2-1 to be 3-1 headed into the early bye and 2-1 in the division. As angry as I still am about Pittsburgh, you take that almost every time.

As much as the early bye sucks, they’ll need 2 weeks to prep for the 49ers.

3-1 vs SF at home looks a lot different than staring down the 2-3 gun barrel post SF loss.

At a minimum you’d have to franchise him tbh.  Outside of Myles he’s arguably been our best defender.

Having him and his ability to roam the box is invaluable to how this unit plays, especially with what our DL does and our CBs do in getting penetration and playing man. The “answer” for OC is to find the slot and attack the middle, so if he’s there then you have no answer.

I’m hoping DPJ shows more moving forward, but Amari just continues to show just how damned good he is.  I can’t imagine trying to find someone to replicate what he’s done.

DPJ is who he is IMO. A year 4 WR who is roster worthy, a good blocker, can be a good #4 option, but he’s not a starter IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Huge test this Sunday.

Baltimore is really banged up, but Lamar is Lamar and Andrews is Andrews.

We won’t be able to play as much man with Lamar’s scrambling ability and the heavier personnel will be a test for the Front 7. I think Taki plays a lot this week.

Golden opportunity at 2-1 to be 3-1 headed into the early bye and 2-1 in the division. As angry as I still am about Pittsburgh, you take that almost every time.

As much as the early bye sucks, they’ll need 2 weeks to prep for the 49ers.

3-1 vs SF at home looks a lot different than staring down the 2-3 gun barrel post SF loss.

I get the Ravens are the Ravens, but much like Tennessee on Sunday, this is a game we need to win if we want to make the playoffs.

As much as the Pittsburgh game was a disappointment, it’s a division opponent on the road.  You don’t win all of those.  You do need to take care of business at home though.

Scheme wise I’m not changing a damned thing other than spying Lamar with JOK/Delpit.  Get after him, make him make tough throws.  Bring some heat from the right side to force him left.

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get the Ravens are the Ravens, but much like Tennessee on Sunday, this is a game we need to win if we want to make the playoffs.

As much as the Pittsburgh game was a disappointment, it’s a division opponent on the road.  You don’t win all of those.  You do need to take care of business at home though.

Scheme wise I’m not changing a damned thing other than spying Lamar with JOK/Delpit.  Get after him, make him make tough throws.  Bring some heat from the right side to force him left.

Dobbins is out and Gus left with a concussion. IMO, I’d blitz as opposed to spying him but really emphasize contain this week. They’re going to be fully awake after yesterday’s debacle.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Dobbins is out and Gus left with a concussion. IMO, I’d blitz as opposed to spying him but really emphasize contain this week. They’re going to be fully awake after yesterday’s debacle.

For sure, but we’ve got them at home and at some point the Browns need to be ready for good teams giving them their best shot and not just hoping we catch them napping.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You used to be able to copy/paste the link from Twitter, now you can’t and I didn’t care enough to figure out how lol.  Thanks though.

No problem Mom. You used to be able to pay for a burger fries and shake for 10 cents or college tuition in cash too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Alex Wright looks MUCH more comfortable as a 4th pass rusher than what we kind of forced him to be at times last year. He’s been very good when moved around. I think he even took snaps standing up yesterday too.

I’m very surprised by Walker. I didn’t think he would be good this year coming off an injury plus he was barely above a JAG. But he’s looked great so far. The LBs have surprised me the most. 

• Like 3