Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Unless Marner fixes himself you are selling way low and Nylander is on a too good a contract for them. Honestly I think they need to find a salary dump to take Taveras and find a way to convince him to accept

Well they're going to have to do something. Tavares isn't going to waive his NMC, that's 100% for sure and I don't think you'd get anyone to take him on at $11m AAV anyways. So they either sell low on Marner, which I doubt would be the case since hockey trades are rarely ever sell low even though we think they would be, or they get assets for Nylander. Nylander's the easiest route but also not the smartest. 

Just now, TwoToneBlue said:

Especially when you have their first rounder. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Only issue is that it pushed back to 2023 if they win one of the two lotteries, so you have no chance at Shane Wright with that pick. HOWEVER, it becomes completely unprotected in 2023 so you'd have an additional chance at Connor Bedard or Matvei Michkov.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not sure what else? Tuch maybe?

Not sure how that would work since he's on LTIR. Can you swap two LTIR guys as salary matching? They'd still be short $5+ Million too. It's really difficult unless they really overpay in futures to get Buffalo to retain money, which Adams has been firmly against.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not sure how that would work since he's on LTIR. Can you swap two LTIR guys as salary matching? They'd still be short $5+ Million too. It's really difficult unless they really overpay in futures to get Buffalo to retain money, which Adams has been firmly against.

I'd imagine Smith would definitely go back to Buffalo in any move just for the purposes of cap. 

Supposedly Calgary has jumped into the mix. No idea what they are offering. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd imagine Smith would definitely go back to Buffalo in any move just for the purposes of cap. 

Supposedly Calgary has jumped into the mix. No idea what they are offering. 

Yeah, just looking at their roster, it'd almost have to be Smith and Tuch for salary purposes and then Krebs+1st as the futures. Something like...

Vegas receives:
Jack Eichel
Random later picks in 22 and 23

Buffalo receives:
Reilly Smith
Alex Tuch
Peyton Krebs
Daniil Chayka
Conditional 2022 2nd round pick (becomes a 1st rounder if Eichel plays this year)
Conditional 2023 4th Round pick (becomes a 3rd if Eichel doesn't play this year)

Edited by beekay414