Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just now, Forge said:

Actually I forgot phi jumped us. If we lose in regulation we will get tb / Bos. I was assuming we were going to lose when it was 3-1. If we win and Columbus loses we could get pitt

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the case.  You guys win you get PIT, if both you and Columbus lose, we get PIT.  The world need another Pens-Flyers series, throw this game NJ. 

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the case.  You guys win you get PIT, if both you and Columbus lose, we get PIT.  The world need another Pens-Flyers series, throw this game NJ. 

No! Not unless we get the Lightning. I just don't want to play the damn Bruins. Feel like they'd sweep us easily.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

No! Not unless we get the Lightning. I just don't want to play the damn Bruins. Feel like they'd sweep us easily.

I feel like we'd get steamrolled by either TB or Boston.  Give me Washington because it would be hilarious if they lost in the first round to the Flyers, or Pittsburgh for the no goaltending.  

well not so fast! maybe joysey are getting us after all...

just as i type this ovi nets 49... i really do want to see him hit fifty, overtime perhaps so y'all can get the caps round one and 'lumbus get the privilege of a first round exit for tanking

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

God damn it. We tie it up and Cory gives it right back. He's really not good anymore.

I think the injuries have killed him. 

On a bright note, the wood / zacha / maroon line is ?

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Is it bad that I'd rather have Ken Appleby as our backup than Cory Schneider? The last two years, Cory's just been straight bad. Think he's got a GAA near 3.

That's why I'm wondering about the buy out. But with all those years left it may just be better to hold on to him another year or two. I have no confidence in him right now

Just now, Forge said:

That's why I'm wondering about the buy out. But with all those years left it may just be better to hold on to him another year or two. I have no confidence in him right now

You guys have anyone in the pipeline that could take over?  I'd say buy him out and then sign a FA, but then you're committing a lot of the cap at that position. 

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

You guys have anyone in the pipeline that could take over?  I'd say buy him out and then sign a FA, but then you're committing a lot of the cap at that position. 

pittsburgh will give them desmith for hall ezpz

desmith shutouts in career 1

hall shutouts in career 0

easy deal for njd

Edited by Shady Slim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, we need to make a play for a bonafide starter this offseason. We've got cap space so we can buy him out if needed while still not killing us $$$ wise. I'd like to try and get Carter Hutton and have a timeshare with him and Kinkaid.

3 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Carter Hutton shouldn't cost too much, right? Couple million?

We have Blackwood, Appleby, Lack and Cam Johnson (college signing outta UND) going forward outside of KK and Cory. So, no, not really.