Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Stay classy New Jersey. 

That was terrible by those fans. I don't expect a group of people to behave sanely, mind you, but damn. 

And here's the thing, you can make a case all three disallowed goals were right. Goal #3 was definitely not a goal. Goal #1 was not a goal in a zero tolerance for goalie interference in the crease sort of way (I've seen much worse be allowed and I can make a case that Murray was able to reset after the contact), so it's a bit tougher and understandable. Goal #2 was probably the toughest one, but it was still 100% a judgment call. Some nights you'll get it, some nights you won't. 

Just an awful showing by Devils fans. No excuses. 

And weirdly, Elias Pettersson got hit by candy thrown by a fan  in Colorado tonight as well. Like what in the world is going on tonight? 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

That was terrible by those fans. I don't expect a group of people to behave sanely, mind you, but damn. 

And here's the thing, you can make a case all three disallowed goals were right. Goal #3 was definitely not a goal. Goal #1 was not a goal in a zero tolerance for goalie interference in the crease sort of way (I've seen much worse be allowed and I can make a case that Murray was able to reset after the contact), so it's a bit tougher and understandable. Goal #2 was probably the toughest one, but it was still 100% a judgment call. Some nights you'll get it, some nights you won't. 

Just an awful showing by Devils fans. No excuses. 

And weirdly, Elias Pettersson got hit by candy thrown by a fan  in Colorado tonight as well. Like what in the world is going on tonight? 

I havent seen the replays so i couldnt comment on them. But goalie interference is a bit wonkly, imo.  Last year there were times when it clearly looked like goalie interference on the Wild but didnt get called and other times where it looked pretty harmless and it got called interference.