My All Time Packers Team From the Bad Old Days

Brat&Beer

.These are players who played for the Packers only during the years after Lombardi was done coaching and before Holmgren (1968-1991).

Notes: It excludes players who played the bulk of their Packers careers in the Bad Old Days but who played for Holmgren (Brian Noble, Chuck Cecil, Ron Hallstrom). It also excludes players who played much of their careers in the Bad Old Days but who had played for Lombardi (Gale Gillingham). It includes Fred Carr who was drafted when Lombardi was still GM but did not play for Lombardi. It also includes Tim Harris who played for teams other than the Packers after 1991. 

QB   Lynn Dickey

RB   John Brockington

FB   MacArthur Lane

WR  James Jofton

WR  John Jefferson

TE   Paul Coffman

C     Larry McCarren

LG  Bill Lueck

RG  Leotis Harris

LT  Mark Koncar

DT Mike McCoy

DT Robert Brown

DE Alphonso Carreker

DE Ezra Johnson

MLB Jim Carter

ILB John Dorsey

OLB Fred Carr

OLB Tim Harris

FS  Johnnie Gray

SS  Mark Murphy

CB  Ken Ellis

CB  Willie Buchanon

P    Don Bracken

K   Chester Marcol

RET  Steve Odom     

Edited by Brat&Beer

19 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Also, no love for Paul Coffman?

Thanks. Coffman was supposed to be in there. Now fixed. 

Bryce Paup played for Holmgren. His last game was when the Packers held Barry Sanders to negative yards on New Years Eve in 1994. 

• Like 1

I would say you missed one of the very best players- LB John Anderson

- A native of Waukesha, Wisconsin, Anderson played 12 seasons in the National Football League as a linebacker for the Green Bay Packers from 1978 to 1989. He was selected as the Packers' most valuable defensive player three consecutive years.

10 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I would say you missed one of the very best players- LB John Anderson

- A native of Waukesha, Wisconsin, Anderson played 12 seasons in the National Football League as a linebacker for the Green Bay Packers from 1978 to 1989. He was selected as the Packers' most valuable defensive player three consecutive years.

Yeah, that was a tough one. If I had gone with 3 OLB's, he definitely would have been the 3rd. He was definitely underrated outside Packer nation.