Ghosts of Tsushima

Spartacus

34 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I wills say there is not much more then go here, kill mongols, repeat but its that sort of brainless fun that I like sometimes. I think its getting artificially inflated due to the love nerds have for all things Japanese. 

I think so too.

I believe Cyberpunk will win GOTY. CDPR epic.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I think so too.

I don't want to say they have it in the bag, but the game isn't even out and it's the heavy favourite for me. I loved TLOU2, but it was so divisive I can't see it winning. Ghost has just bored me, and its reviews are definitely lower than expected. 

• Like 1

I think so too.

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I don't want to say they have it in the bag, but the game isn't even out and it's the heavy favourite for me. I loved TLOU2, but it was so divisive I can't see it winning. Ghost has just bored me, and its reviews are definitely lower than expected. 

Probably, and I hope Cyberpunk lives up to the hype. Valhalla seems like it could give it a good run though. FFVII remake was pretty incredible, but not deep or complete enough to win. I actually didn't enjoy Watch Dogs 2. I dunno how much bigger and badder Legion will be, but I am not holding out hope. 

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Probably, and I hope Cyberpunk lives up to the hype. Valhalla seems like it could give it a good run though. FFVII remake was pretty incredible, but not deep or complete enough to win. I actually didn't enjoy Watch Dogs 2. I dunno how much bigger and badder Legion will be, but I am not holding out hope. 

I would be pretty surprised if Valhalla beat out TLOU2, so we'll see

I think FF7 Remake  would have a good shot at winning if everyone in the world played the original:D

Sadly, as much as I loved it, it's not really a game that caters towards the masses. I can't imagine getting really into it if you've never played the OG. Cyberpunk is definitely my leading candidate for GoTY, but LOU2 wouldn't shock me either.

How's everyone liking the game so far?

I've been following Hollow in his playthrough, and it looks like they implemented a good amount of moves/techniques/unlocks/customization/leveling up to keep it fresh and interesting, but I still can't decide whether or not it could keep me from getting bored of it. 

4 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I've been following Hollow in his playthrough, and it looks like they implemented a good amount of moves/techniques/unlocks/customization/leveling up to keep it fresh and interesting, but I still can't decide whether or not it could keep me from getting bored of it. 

I've given my 2 cents already, but there's nothing different in this game that would keep me from putting it down. It does a lot of things really well - combat is fun, the skill trees look like there is really good progression and you learn a bunch of moves that make the combat great, the world is beautiful. But more or less, it's just a standard good open world game. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I've noticed AC:V has received a lot of hate online (shock...) because of how closely it resembles AC:Od. A lot of the marketing was convincing people it was a return to the old stealthy style of AC, but it does look like another slash and hack RPG. 

Cyberpunk and AC:V come out 2 days apart from each other....I think AC:V might suffer a bit from that?

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I've noticed AC:V has received a lot of hate online (shock...) because of how closely it resembles AC:Od. A lot of the marketing was convincing people it was a return to the old stealthy style of AC, but it does look like another slash and hack RPG. 

Cyberpunk and AC:V come out 2 days apart from each other....I think AC:V might suffer a bit from that?

That's probably the more likely answer. 

16 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Pretty much standard open world quests (Go here, kill Mongols) over and over again without much variety. The setting and graphics are beautiful and the combat is super fun but if you don't like the monotony of a game like Far Cry (Clear 100 of the same but slightly different fortresses or kill this group of bad guys) you may not enjoy it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

I think FF7 Remake  would have a good shot at winning if everyone in the world played the original:D

Sadly, as much as I loved it, it's not really a game that caters towards the masses. I can't imagine getting really into it if you've never played the OG. Cyberpunk is definitely my leading candidate for GoTY, but LOU2 wouldn't shock me either.

Not to mention the episodic nature of it rubbed people the wrong way. I still don't like the way they named it considering that it is not the full FF7. Strikes me of a little false advertising. 

19 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

TBH all game play of Valhalla I have seen does not make me think that its going to be a true contender this year. It just looks clunky to me and too similar to the two newest AC games. I think Cyberpunk if it scores decent will take the cake. Totally new IPs generally get favored if they are great. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

TBH all game play of Valhalla I have seen does not make me think that its going to be a true contender this year. It just looks clunky to me and too similar to the two newest AC games. I think Cyberpunk if it scores decent will take the cake. Totally new IPs generally get favored if they are great. 

Not to mention CDPR is one of the few developers with great reputation left. Witcher 3 done so much for their (deserved) reputation. The fact that there are no micro transactions alone is enough to get people to buy the game, let alone the care they clearly have for their games. 

Not a cash grab - it's art for them. 

• Like 1

Not to mention CDPR is one of the few developers with great reputation left. Witcher 3 done so much for their (deserved) reputation. The fact that there are no micro transactions alone is enough to get people to buy the game, let alone the care they clearly have for their games. 

Not a cash grab - it's art for them. 

Lets hope it stays that way. CDPR has much bigger expectations and most likely money involved this time around then they did with the Witcher.