Ghosts of Tsushima

Spartacus

On 7/20/2020 at 3:56 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Wow.

All you see in youtube comments under GoT videos is people saying it's the greatest game ever etc

Many people are in love with this game on Reddit, and are calling for GoTY on the playstation sub-reddits. I can't speak for it personally, but it has a very strong following.  

I'm just starting to play it. It will be a very gradual process for me as I have a 10 month old son. Still, can't wait for my character's fighting to evolve. That's when the game starts to kick a** from what I've read. 

On 7/21/2020 at 1:03 PM, Spartacus said:

Lets hope it stays that way. CDPR has much bigger expectations and most likely money involved this time around then they did with the Witcher. 

Yeah....lets hope CDPR doesnt go downhill hard like Bethesda.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Started playing this again last night, now I'm hooked

Is it because his fighting evolves? I've only played a couple of hours over the past week. It's very hard to get into a game like this when you can't sink a decent amount of time into it. 

23 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Is it because his fighting evolves? I've only played a couple of hours over the past week. It's very hard to get into a game like this when you can't sink a decent amount of time into it. 

I had just played Horizon, and explored the entire world of that game, so I wasn't feeling up to doing another open world game. I haven't gotten very far, maybe 5 hours. I'm working on exploring the island now and leveling up before I do too many story missions, but I did the first couple so I could get the main weapons (and assassination, which is great). 

I have gotten better at the combat, but I've only unlocked maybe 5 skills in the two stances I have now. I really want to spend the points on the exploration upgrades, so I might start doing that now.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:09 AM, JBURGE said:

I had just played Horizon, and explored the entire world of that game, so I wasn't feeling up to doing another open world game. I haven't gotten very far, maybe 5 hours. I'm working on exploring the island now and leveling up before I do too many story missions, but I did the first couple so I could get the main weapons (and assassination, which is great). 

I have gotten better at the combat, but I've only unlocked maybe 5 skills in the two stances I have now. I really want to spend the points on the exploration upgrades, so I might start doing that now.

I feel like this game would also appeal to a lot of Kurosawa fans given the developers’ love letter with the black and white filter, and the sometimes deliberate use of mindfulness to get skill or charm upgrades.

I have to say this is a very fun game so far, though I'm only a few hours in. The fighting is awesome. There's simply no other way to put it. The world is beautiful, and the story is engaging enough for me...I rarely ever get emotionally invested in a video game's story, anyways. I get my a** handed to me a lot. I tried to play on hard, but it was too difficult. Medium is perfect for me thus far. Perhaps that'll change once I gain more skills. I noticed some people say it was too easy as you advance, but when you only have raw skills it's very difficult. 

My only gripe so far is the camera. At times, I'm trying to fight 4 or 5 dudes, and a tree blocks my entire screen. 

Also, does anyone know if the new update did anything with stealth? I heard that was a weak point of the game, which doesn't effect me much as I'd rather walk right into a fort and kill every dirty mongol like the bada** Samurai that I am. 

On 7/30/2020 at 8:31 AM, WizeGuy said:

I have to say this is a very fun game so far, though I'm only a few hours in. The fighting is awesome. There's simply no other way to put it. The world is beautiful, and the story is engaging enough for me...I rarely ever get emotionally invested in a video game's story, anyways. I get my a** handed to me a lot. I tried to play on hard, but it was too difficult. Medium is perfect for me thus far. Perhaps that'll change once I gain more skills. I noticed some people say it was too easy as you advance, but when you only have raw skills it's very difficult. 

My only gripe so far is the camera. At times, I'm trying to fight 4 or 5 dudes, and a tree blocks my entire screen. 

Also, does anyone know if the new update did anything with stealth? I heard that was a weak point of the game, which doesn't effect me much as I'd rather walk right into a fort and kill every dirty mongol like the bada** Samurai that I am. 

Stealth is still pretty weak. Most are ignoring it almost entirely. Personally almost all the tools for stealth can be used in active combat more so as "Dirty Tricks" then stealth so luckily they didn't rely on it too much. 

I'm near the end and have done the majority of the side quests from start to finish and honestly they are OK. They always seem a lot more complex then what actually ends up happening in the end. It seems they had ideas for the main side quests to make them more interesting and add some twists but they never really develop into anything like they should. They stay relatively safe throughout and don't really answer or ask any hard questions that they seem to be setting up. 

I find the stealth fine. If I get to a big encampment to clear (I'm still in Act 1) I will take out as many as I can in stealth and then fight the rest.... but just before I stopped playing yesterday I got the 3x standoff, so that makes it a lot easier

On 8/2/2020 at 7:58 PM, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Having never played it, I feel like this game would have super clunky movement like GTA or Assassin's Creed which always ultimately turns me away.

Is it true for this game? (Even somewhat)

I don't think the movement is as clunky as GTA, it feels fine to me

On 8/4/2020 at 10:11 AM, JBURGE said:

I don't think the movement is as clunky as GTA, it feels fine to me

Agreed. It feels very smooth to me. I think it has to play that way since the combat is with swords. If it were clunky, then the fighting would suffer a lot. Fighting is one of the best parts of the game. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...