đź““ Death Note Mafia - Game over - Civs win!!

bucsfan333

Just now, pwny said:

I knew him as Light. The way you're phrasing this, does that mean Kira is an in-lore codename for Light?

Kira was the name given to whomever was causing the so-called heart attack deaths.
As a viewer we knew that person to be Light Yagami - but it doesn't necessarily mean it was Light Yagami. If that makes sense.

For example; the Kira 2 in the show (Misa) was a copycat killer. Also killed via Heart Attacks as Light did. 

Just now, PuntMyLumps said:

You should give it a watch.  All of you should, it's so good.  Especially if you enjoy mafia games

The fact that there's been two mafia games about it in the last year has me considering it. Is it dubbed? I'm too ADHD to watch subbed material for a long time.

Just now, Nazgul said:

Eh. Not necessarily true.

More of a code-name for the killer than the killer itself.

Semantics?  Or are you speculating there is a different "Kira" in this game despite the game starting in media res, and Light having Ryuk and the death note?

Vote Count 

3 Nazgul - Malfatron, SwAg, rackcs

3 PuntMyLumps - Whicker,  The Orca, Pickle Rick 

3 The Orca - kingseanjohn, MWil23, Daboyle

1 pwny - Matts4313

1 Daboyle - PuntMyLumps 

No Vote

Nazgul

pwny

biggio7

Just now, pwny said:

The fact that there's been two mafia games about it in the last year has me considering it. Is it dubbed? I'm too ADHD to watch subbed material for a long time.

I've only ever watched it dubbed (on netflix rn) but i hear its great with subtitles.  The dubs are pretty good as far as I can tell, but im not a weeb

Just now, PuntMyLumps said:

Semantics?  Or are you speculating there is a different "Kira" in this game despite the game starting in media res, and Light having Ryuk and the death note?

I would like to think that Kira and Light are one and the same.

But we can't with guaranteed confidence say that Kira and Light are the same.

Hell. For a while Light and Misa (via Light's ploy) literally had no memories of the Death Note or the killings whatsoever.
Yet the killings still continued. Hence, "Kira" was still at large despite it not being Light. 

Again. That isn't to say that the origins of Kira didn't begin and end with Light Yagami. Because it did.