Alex Smith cleared for return

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Please Explain why Haskins would solely be to blame if the Team is in that scenario? Say were picking at #3, your hoping for a QB to fall oppose to getting Sewell? 

I know we may disagree, I'm just tryna understand the way some are thinking. 

If we win 3 games or less games again it’s very likely bc Haskins didn’t take the leap in development that I think he will and all of us hope he will this offseason and season.

Trevor Lawrence is definitely a better prospect than Haskins as a QB coming out (he’s an athletic Peyton Manning, he’s got Manning’s mind, Elway, Rodgers, Favre & Marino’s arm & runs like RG3 when he was healthy) Justin Fields is arguably better QB prospect than Haskins was too bc he’s a good pocket QB like Haskins was, but he’s also more athletic. 

I don’t know that we disagree much here. The only way I’m willing to draft another QB next year in round 1 is if Haskins is downright awful this year, like amongst the worst QBs in the league awful. I’m talking like completion % in the 50s, less than 3000 yds, less than 15 TDs and more ints than TDs awful, I don’t expect Haskins to be that bad.

I expect him to play like an average QB in his 2nd year as a starter which means he’s made good progress against awful odds this offseason and w/ his GM/HC not signing a top LT, WR or TE to help Haskins develop this year.

I’m not worried about Haskins at all tbh, I think he’s at least going to throw for 3500 yds, 20 TDs and less than 15 ints this year and that’s good profess in his second year to me. If that happens, I would not endorse drafting another Qb and if that happens I think we will 5 or more games so we won’t be in the running to draft Lawrence or Fields, we’ll be more in Penni Sewell (LT, Oregon), Ja’Marr Chase (WR, LSU), Micah Parsons (OLB, Penn St.), Dylan Moses (MLB, Alabama), Jaylen Waddle (WR, Alabama), Caleb Farely (CB, Virginia Tech) Sam Comsi (LT, Texas), Kyle Pitts (TE, Florida), Shaun Wade (CB, Ohio St) and Alex Leatherwood (LT, Alabama) territory. 

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It looks like it, I think it has something do do with his injured leg. The side by side of him and Kyle Allen throwing showed Allen with a wider base for their throws.

That's what I thought.

I am curious if he is able (or willing) to power and step through his throws right now.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If we only win 3 games again it’s very likely bc Haskins didn’t take the leap in development that I think he will and all of us hope he will this offseason and season.

Trevor Lawrence Is definitely a better prospect than Haskins as a QB coming out (he’s an athletic Peyton Manning, he’s got Manning’s mind, Favre & Marino’s arm & runs like RG3 when he was healthy) Justin Fields is arguably better QB prospect than Haskins was too bc he’s a good pocket QB like Haskins was, but he’s also more athletic. 

I don’t know that we disagree much here. The only way I’m willing to draft another QB next year in round 1 is if Haskins is downright awful this year, like amongst the worst QBs in the league awful. I’m taking like Completion % in the 50s, less than 3000 yds, less than 15 TDs and more ints than TDs awful, I don’t expect Haskins to be that bad.

I expect him to play like an average QB in his 2nd year as a starter which means he’s made good progress against awful odds this offseason and w/ his GM/HC not signing a top LT, WR or TE to help Haskins develop this year.

I’m not worried about Haskins at all tbh, I think he’s at least going to throw for 3500 yds, 20 TDs and less than 15 ints this year and that’s good profess in his second year to me. If that happens, I would not endorse drafting another Qb and if that happens I think we will 5 or more games so we won’t be in the running to draft Lawrence or Fields, we’ll be more in Penni Sewell (LT, Oregon), Ja’Marr Chase (WR, LSU), Micah Parsons (OLB, Penn St.), Dylan Moses (MLB, Alabama), Jaylen Waddle (WR, Alabama), Caleb Farely (CB, Virginia Tech) Sam Comsi (LT, Texas), Kyle Pitts (TE, Florida), Shaun Wade (CB, Ohio St) and Alex Leatherwood (LT, Alabama) territory. 

Haskins needs to be protected 1st and foremost for anything on offense to be successful. The Oline is what I'm concerned about the most. If the Oline can protect Haskins I project a 20 + TD season with 10 or less INT's. Like you said Haskins would have to be Awful just like any other QB who would've experience what he has for Me to not look to add more weapons before I replace him. 

As said I just look forward to seeing this team compete this season. Games like they ended last year against Miami, Eagles, and the Giants. While continuing to build through the draft. One more Good Draft with top 5 picks in each round of the draft would put us in Great position to Compete in the Playoffs.