How do you see Week 1 going?

notthatbluestuff

On 8/1/2020 at 3:36 PM, ET80 said:

Houston beats KC in KC. Following the game, a combined 37 players test positive for Coronavirus.

The season is suspended, and by virtue of beating the defending Super Bowl champions in KC, the Houston Texans are declared the 2020 NFL Champions; Despite the declaration meaning absolutely nothing, Cal McNair rewards GM/HC Bill O'Brien with a lifetime contract.

O'Brien then trades Deshaun Watson straight up for Christian Hackenberg, and then makes Hackenberg the highest paid QB in the NFL.

Who would Watson be traded to?   Would he start working Hackenbergs shifts at Arby's?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think it will be fine. We will have some weeks where a few big names might be out, but it will press on. Too much money not to

Given how the MLB is going, I don't see how you can have this take. The NFL is going to be MUCH more prone to outbreaks than the MLB who has already had 2 in 2 weeks. When an NFL team gets covid and it spreads to 20+ people you CANT just be like o well those guys wont play. That team HAS to completely quarantine because they have been practicing with each other and will give it to another team. Big names won't just be out... games will be postponed or cancelled. 

33 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Given how the MLB is going, I don't see how you can have this take. The NFL is going to be MUCH more prone to outbreaks than the MLB who has already had 2 in 2 weeks. When an NFL team gets covid and it spreads to 20+ people you CANT just be like o well those guys wont play. That team HAS to completely quarantine because they have been practicing with each other and will give it to another team. Big names won't just be out... games will be postponed or cancelled. 

We will see. I’m one of those people that see COVID “Pandemic” being blown out of proportion. I think the NFL is going to do everything in its power to have a full season. 

For instance Ohio Governor Mike DeWine tested positive for COVID, took a test later in the day and tested negative. These tests are a joke, so I could see a team testing multiple times before a  game to get that negative test result, especially if a player is not symptomatic. 

14 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

We will see. I’m one of those people that see COVID “Pandemic” being blown out of proportion. I think the NFL is going to do everything in its power to have a full season. 

For instance Ohio Governor Mike DeWine tested positive for COVID, took a test later in the day and tested negative. These tests are a joke, so I could see a team testing multiple times before a  game to get that negative test result, especially if a player is not symptomatic. 

False positives are a real thing for ANY test, not just COVID-19. Its why the MLB requires two negative tests before a return, which hopefully the NFL does to. I see you put pandemic in quotes, you should look up what the word means, factually it is a pandemic, being overblown is irrelevant (and if anything its being underblown, over 600k people are dead because of this). 

35 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

False positives are a real thing for ANY test, not just COVID-19. Its why the MLB requires two negative tests before a return, which hopefully the NFL does to. I see you put pandemic in quotes, you should look up what the word means, factually it is a pandemic, being overblown is irrelevant (and if anything its being underblown, over 600k people are dead because of this). 

Yes I know this. But I don’t trust the data they are collecting. 

I don’t wanna go down this road though, I’m getting to the point where it’s tiresome to debate the same argument all the time. 

My main point is I don’t see the NFL not doing a season. They will do everything they can to ensure they are getting their revenue.