2020 NFL Uniform Rankings

Brat&Beer

Unimportant, I suppose. But it's a slow summer for NFL news.

https://www.insidehook.com/article/sports/uni-watch-nfl-power-rankings-2020

Packers rank 2nd.

There are trends, there are fads, there are pandemics — and then there’s the timeless, elemental simplicity of the Packers’ uniforms, which provide the ideal autumnal color palette for an autumn sport. If not for the TV numbers on their shoulders being just a bit too large, they’d be in the top spot on this list.

I pretty much agree with these rankings. The exception is ranking the Chiefs 30th. I won't go into the reasons why in this post. People can draw their own conclusions. 

• Like 1

seahawks should be 30 at best. In general, I agree that simple is usually best. Browns are too high. They may have improved their design but there's only so far that yu can get with a brown and orange color scheme. Bengals are so ugly that I kind of like them though. Like watching an 80's sci-fi movie that's objectively bad but becomes an enjoyable experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, comments: 

- I think the NFL has a good collection of mostly solid unis; I feel like the list went down into the low teens (Jacksonville, just uninspired) before it hit something that made me go "meh." 

- Colts might be a little low; I think the blue-and-white is a better colour combo than GB's green-and-yellow. 

- I've always been a fan of TB's creamsicles (which aren't on the list); I think it's no worse than, say, Miami's colour scheme. The problem is the teams that wore them tended towards the "terrible" end of the spectrum. I saw a mock-up of the new Bucs unis that was the pirate flag design in creamsicle orange, and it was great

- I feel like Uni Watch is too harsh on the Cards and Chiefs. "Chiefs" as a team name and the imagery the use falls on the "acceptable" side of the debate IMO (and I've been unable to understand Cleveland MLB and Washington NFL digging in on their mascot and name for at least the past 20 yrs); Arizona's colour scheme and helmet put them in the top half, at the very least 

- The Vikings unis are goofy. I love the matte purple finish on the helmet

- Bengals are in the running with Rams and Vikes for "best helmet logo"; I think the writer is a smidge too harsh on Cinci, but I get where he's coming from with his criticism.