New boring play by play & analyst announced

turtle28

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Doubt that, they always interview those guys after the game. They always go to the analysts and play by play guys to seek their input after the game. So, we’ll probably be seeing more of both of these guys than we already do.

Looks like theyll be busy with their own thing on the radio.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 2:58 PM, turtle28 said:

Disagree, Cooley explained what went on during plays and broke down film for regular fans as good as or IMO better than anyone. Hall wished he had never re-signed in DC, screw him.

Just an awful decision.

Buckhantz or Chick Hernandez should’ve gotten the play by play job and they should’ve added a 3rd to the booth, like Hall or Doc. They should’ve kept Cooley.

Ugh, I’m so disappointed.

This ^^^. Literally never listening to this broadcast now. Weinstein's voice grates on my very soul. Getting rid of Cooley is a huge mistake. 

Also... let me go through this.

They are going to reference social media on radio.

Social media...

...which is visual...

...is going to be referenced...

...on radio...

...which is not.

Why not just explain the shade of green on a leaf in a painting to a blind man instead??? Makes just as much sense. 

Jesus...this team...this league...is just screaming at me to walk away.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2020 at 2:28 PM, Slateman said:

TIL, people actually care about Redskins radio play by play

I do. It used to actually be better than the TV broadcasts (most games) and definitely more informative. I used to turn it on an turn the sound on the TV all the way down.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I do. It used to actually be better than the TV broadcasts (most games) and definitely more informative. I used to turn it on an turn the sound on the TV all the way down.

Then, they hired Larry Michael and it all went to hell. I’m still upset Dan fired Frank! I’ll never get over that! Never!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This ^^^. Literally never listening to this broadcast now. Weinstein's voice grates on my very soul. Getting rid of Cooley is a huge mistake. 

Also... let me go through this.

They are going to reference social media on radio.

Social media...

...which is visual...

...is going to be referenced...

...on radio...

...which is not.

Why not just explain the shade of green on a leaf in a painting to a blind man instead??? Makes just as much sense. 

Jesus...this team...this league...is just screaming at me to walk away.

I've heard the rumors that Cooley being let go is a byproduct of wanting to do away with anyone who was involved with the previous person in charge.  

Given that he was the organization fall guy for Scot McCloughan, I guess that makes sense?  I'd like to think he was just blissfully unaware of what was going on but I doubt it.  

On 8/13/2020 at 11:16 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I've heard the rumors that Cooley being let go is a byproduct of wanting to do away with anyone who was involved with the previous person in charge.  

Given that he was the organization fall guy for Scot McCloughan, I guess that makes sense?  I'd like to think he was just blissfully unaware of what was going on but I doubt it.  

I know we disagree on Cooley's role on that, but that's okay. 

But per bolded, that makes sense. If I came in, I would want to clean house too. Even if the baby goes with the bathwater. 

Still, I just can'y listen to Weinstein and Hall. 

I.Just.Can't

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I know we disagree on Cooley's role on that, but that's okay. 

But per bolded, that makes sense. If I came in, I would want to clean house too. Even if the baby goes with the bathwater. 

Still, I just can'y listen to Weinstein and Hall. 

I.Just.Can't

Exactly.  I hope he didn't do anything or know of anything, but he is guilty by association with Larry Michael.  I also think there could be something they arent telling- it's not like Rivera is shy about letting former players learn on the job as a coach.  So I don't really know what to think, just that it's telling he is gone either way. 

On 8/11/2020 at 9:23 PM, e16bball said:

how many people who still listen to sports on the radio are interested in hearing references to pop culture and social media accounts??

If they could only find a way to clone Frank Herzog ...

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 2:28 PM, Slateman said:

TIL, people actually care about Redskins radio play by play

Back in the day the only way to truly appreciate the glory that was this franchise was turn on the TV, turn off the sound, and listen to Sunny, Sam, and Frank do it MUCH better than the TV bozos.

tumblr_inline_mk75th50IY1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 2