New boring play by play & analyst announced

turtle28

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That's why they hired someone to go younger, probably trying to get more people to listen........despite it being a dying medium.  Should be focusing that attention elsewhere and just let things run their course.  

As far as the pairing goes, Bram is fine by me.  I just wish that this team would go away from former players for the organization.  Former players are great for analysis, but I don't want guys who used to play for the team, especially recently.  The Redskins are one of the worst organizations as far as those kind of hires.  

Just about every city does the same thing. 

12 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I'm ok with Deangelo Hall, but no Cooley is a huge miss. Deangelo Hall has always carried water for this organization, post his playing career. Not surprised he was hired. Bram Weinstein stinks...

Grant Paulsen
Steve Buckhantz
Chick Hernandez
Pete Medhurst
Frank Hanrahan
Dave Johnson

All those guys are better pure PxP guys...

Bram will probably have no voice with Donaldson and Hall in there. It's clear what they're looking for in this booth...

They’re going to lose a lot of ratings over this I think. I guess we’ll see. Any of those guys you mentioned while retaining Cooley & adding Hall along w/ Cooley would have been the best move.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

As opposed to a whiny know it all preacher? Sure. 

I like Grant. I think he’s very knowledgeable. I know a lot of people don’t like him and I’ve never really understood it. A lot of the people who don’t like Grant is bc he liked Cousins and thinks he should be there but as far as doing his job, I think he’s good at it.

18 minutes ago, Slateman said:

TIL, people actually care about Redskins radio play by play

Well it seems we’re getting worse and worse in that area which is a problem. Herzog was awesome. Larry was a stiff corporate type who apparently was a womanizer and Bram is just boring. I want to be excited listening to the game. Steve Buchantz, Pete Medhurst or Chick Hernandez w/ Cooley would’ve more exciting to listen to IMO.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If this gets that idiot Hall off the CSN Post Game shows. Then Im all for the move.

Doubt that, they always interview those guys after the game. They always go to the analysts and play by play guys to seek their input after the game. So, we’ll probably be seeing more of both of these guys than we already do.

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Wonder if they had them get rid of Cooley so people wouldn't think of Larry

I have no clue but honestly, I can’t imagine Hall being better than Cooley. They should have just added Hall to Cooley in the booth or preferably add Doc w/ Cooley. That would’ve been the best move. 

People on Twitter are saying Cooley was a known womanizer too around Redskins park. So, that’s probably why he’s gone tbh.

Edited by turtle28