Patriots rookie C Dustin Woodard retiring

RaidersAreOne

On 8/14/2020 at 9:32 AM, Brit Pack said:

Of course they do. My bad. Just my personal ethics would be take the cash from a billion dollar company and which then buys me a my modest house or flat. I would certainly sleep just fine with that.

As he said, " moral ethics "  You have them or you don't. Justify your decision is yet another flaw.

23 minutes ago, m haynes said:

As he said, " moral ethics "  You have them or you don't. Justify your decision is yet another flaw.

You should understand morality is relative my dear friend and always dependent on your point of view. Most things are not as absolute as either 'you have them or not'.

Anyway, nothing to do with the philosophy of morality but try not taking things so seriously on an internet forum...

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

not taking things so seriously on an internet forum.

Thank for your in depth analogy.  However this one is cut and dry. You take something you didn't earn. You take advantage of a situation to help CURRENT players in a crisis.  So My Dear Friend  you should seriously reconsider your point of view.

We see this a lot lately . Well he did it, so why can I crap. 

Matter of fact lets get back to Football. I'm out!

44 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Thank for your in depth analogy.  However this one is cut and dry. You take something you didn't earn. You take advantage of a situation to help CURRENT players in a crisis.  So My Dear Friend  you should seriously reconsider your point of view.

We see this a lot lately . Well he did it, so why can I crap. 

Matter of fact lets get back to Football. I'm out!

In the land of black and white do you think it was morally acceptable for the Lions to get Megatron to pay back part of his signing bonus when he decided to retire? 

You never know what is going on in someonesnlife or head. GB drafted Cole Madison jn the 5th a few years ago which was seen as a bit of a steal... then he just upped and looked like he might do similar, missing his entire rookie year for personal reasons. 

It turned out he was suffering major depression after his college QB committed suicide, which had been linked to CTE. He returned the next year, though injuries hampered him and he was waived a few weeks ago. But while there of course will be talk in the short term, after that these things kind of give me pause to just let them figure out whatever it is they might be going through and see if they are able to come back down the line on their own terms.

With the covid situation in the US right now, there's a decent chance he may be going through something similar to what Madison did. 

On 8/15/2020 at 1:52 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Oh plllllease!

The NFL and teams negotiated this option and knew the possibility of lower tier players taking advantage of this.

i feel zero sorrow for nfl teams who get burned for that 150k.  The same teams and league have left an unimaginable number of ex-players with lifetime injuries and no healthcare and pension because they didn’t play in the league the number of accured seasons.

That said lower tier players who take the opt essentially ended their career in most cases.... and some of them only needed one more year because qualifying for that NFLPA pension and benefits.

You took my simple statement and went full conspiracy theory response on it...

I'm well aware of the NFL's shortcomings when it comes to how they treat a large group of their former players. I'm also aware of how they continue to try to distance themselves from legit health concerns via producing their own controversial studies/medical reports to validate their views.

I could also care less if the NFL is getting 'cheated' out of a few million dollars; it's not going to harm them to any magnitude at all.

My statement was just a simple response when someone posed a question as to 'why wouldn't anyone do this'. I'm sure 90% or more of guys put in that position would probably do the same thing in the same circumstance in which you're referencing. However, I was merely trying to point out that there are still a minority group of people out there that wouldn't because they wouldn't be able to get past the their moral ethic integrity (even if it's a minor violation at best). 

Hell, I don't even know that this was the case with this guy, but still that reasoning is out there. 

No need to get all worked up lol.

11 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

You took my simple statement and went full conspiracy theory response on it...

I'm well aware of the NFL's shortcomings when it comes to how they treat a large group of their former players. I'm also aware of how they continue to try to distance themselves from legit health concerns via producing their own controversial studies/medical reports to validate their views.

I could also care less if the NFL is getting 'cheated' out of a few million dollars; it's not going to harm them to any magnitude at all.

My statement was just a simple response when someone posed a question as to 'why wouldn't anyone do this'. I'm sure 90% or more of guys put in that position would probably do the same thing in the same circumstance in which you're referencing. However, I was merely trying to point out that there are still a minority group of people out there that wouldn't because they wouldn't be able to get past the their moral ethic integrity (even if it's a minor violation at best). 

Hell, I don't even know that this was the case with this guy, but still that reasoning is out there. 

No need to get all worked up lol.

1) I didn’t get worked up.... at all.  Why would I? This has absolutely no bearing on my life at all.

2) I went full conspiracy response? What conspiracy are is there?  

Seems like you didn’t like my response and decided to play the game of over exaggerate the opposing poster’s comment.... make him seem like a maniac incapable of a logical response, instead of addressing what he said.  Honestly, not interested in playing those games so ill just more on to the “facts of the issue”, for a lack of a better word.

That said.... “oh plllllease” was nothing more than an attempt at comedy and to be   Kindly mock your morality argument.  The NFL’s league office hasn’t been very moral themselves so I don’t find an obligation from the players to take the moral high ground.  There not robing the Pope by taking the opt out money knowing they’re gonna retire.

And I’m sorry but i find it comical when people pretend that they’d do the most moral thing, every time.  Newsflash: your average American Dream family in the suburbs has less morality then people in prison.  Trust me.... I’ve been to prison and would rather trust Some murders than a the Local PTO mom.  I got out and worked hard to get a career where I sell higher end construction projects..... and the people are the more money people have the less respect and more immoral they seem to be 8 out of 10 times.

That said, it’s very easy to say “I’m too moral to take the $150k knowing I’m gonna retire” but I guarantee You you’d take it.  Most people would.  It’s just nauseating to here people preach their morality when the reality is the guy who says he wouldn’t do it is almost always the first person to do it.

maybe you or .0000001% of people wouldn’t take it.... but so what?  The guy who wouldn’t take it ain’t perfect. 

Im just not buying the moral superiority/ judgement argument here.... sorry

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

1) I didn’t get worked up.... at all.  Why would I? This has absolutely no bearing on my life at all.

2) I went full conspiracy response? What conspiracy are is there?  

Seems like you didn’t like my response and decided to play the game of over exaggerate the opposing poster’s comment.... make him seem like a maniac incapable of a logical response, instead of addressing what he said.  Honestly, not interested in playing those games so ill just more on to the “facts of the issue”, for a lack of a better word.

That said.... “oh plllllease” was nothing more than an attempt at comedy and to be   Kindly mock your morality argument.  The NFL’s league office hasn’t been very moral themselves so I don’t find an obligation from the players to take the moral high ground.  There not robing the Pope by taking the opt out money knowing they’re gonna retire.

And I’m sorry but i find it comical when people pretend that they’d do the most moral thing, every time.  Newsflash: your average American Dream family in the suburbs has less morality then people in prison.  Trust me.... I’ve been to prison and would rather trust Some murders than a the Local PTO mom.  I got out and worked hard to get a career where I sell higher end construction projects..... and the people are the more money people have the less respect and more immoral they seem to be 8 out of 10 times.

That said, it’s very easy to say “I’m too moral to take the $150k knowing I’m gonna retire” but I guarantee You you’d take it.  Most people would.  It’s just nauseating to here people preach their morality when the reality is the guy who says he wouldn’t do it is almost always the first person to do it.

maybe you or .0000001% of people wouldn’t take it.... but so what?  The guy who wouldn’t take it ain’t perfect. 

Im just not buying the moral superiority/ judgement argument here.... sorry

Nah, you're not getting worked up at all lol. Why would I ever get that impression...

If you want to think I'm trying to 'preach moral superiority' so be it, but if you read my post you'd clearly see I'm not, nor did I say I wouldn't even take the $150k if it was me...