Bdl opt out vote

bcb1213

Bdl opt out vote   

8 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do with the opt outs bdl folks

• the contract is fully counted against the cap
    • Opt outs get 501 contract
    • For every opt out. An owner gets 1k cap relief (ted)
    • Opt out players receive 50% of contract down to 501 min (bcb)
    • Players get 350k like Irl but they will then be placed on locked status, unable to be cut or traded

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

What happened to giving people the option of taking the lower opt-out total or letting the contract stand and taking the fool hit? I thought that was the best and most fair solution personally.

I wanted to make that separate vote in case people just want 350.  I imagine if that's the winner it'll go that way but I'd rather vote one thing at a time then try to include multiple changes at once 

Not voting on hypotheticals of "oh if one of these passes we'll figure out the rest after". 

We had a couple weeks to work on proposals, and now we're voting on the shells of the proposals rather than the actual thing? Pass.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Shrug.  Fine with me.  We'll just leave it full contract then 

Just now, PR said:

Yeah no one voted for that option.

It's a good thing he doesn't decide. 

Ted put forth the proposals and we either added/clarified them, why aren't we voting based on the proposals that we discussed? 

Cause it's literally two different rules. One salary. One has to do with options of counting years of opt out players. Every rule we do is individually voted on.  

This way if someone wants the year to count or doesn't want the year to count we can discuss that.  Or if someone wants to be able to pay full price or doesn't want to pay full price we can discuss that.  Instead of having a proposal you only like half of, take it in pieces. 

Someone may like the 350 rule but not like the option year.  Or someone may like counting 350 as a contract year vs not counting it.  It's literally the reason I'm breaking it up.  Decide salary. Then decide option, does year count 

Once we get salary straightened out, it makes the second part easier imo. 

43 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Cause it's literally two different rules. One salary. One has to do with options of counting years of opt out players. Every rule we do is individually voted on.  

This way if someone wants the year to count or doesn't want the year to count we can discuss that.  Or if someone wants to be able to pay full price or doesn't want to pay full price we can discuss that.  Instead of having a proposal you only like half of, take it in pieces. 

Someone may like the 350 rule but not like the option year.  Or someone may like counting 350 as a contract year vs not counting it.  It's literally the reason I'm breaking it up.  Decide salary. Then decide option, does year count 

Once we get salary straightened out, it makes the second part easier imo. 

You're breaking up proposals of options in a way that skews them from what they were originally proposed as, that's my point .