Who do you want to be the starting QB for week1?

buno67

Who will be the Starting QB?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Starting QB?

• brock osweiler
    • cody kessler
    • deshone kizer

16 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

I went with Cody - regardless of ceilings, he would bring the most stability (at least early on) in execution which is what I'm looking for out of the team early on. I feel like even if I'm being optimistic about Kizer's ability to pick up the NFL game in training camp, it's tough to foresee him not having ups and downs which I'd rather he do after the rest of the offense has come into its own. Let the entire offense continue to grow through the first half of the season and if it looks like Kessler is holding the team back or spinning his tires, then put in Kizer and allow him to play catch up to everyone else's comfort level.

To be fair Cody has less than 200 career attempts so he will likely face some bumps too and shouldn't be discarded completely after a bad game. He didn't have a game last year where it just looked like the game was too big for him as a rookie but I'm sure there is one of those coming, especially if he starts trying to attack downfield more.

That being said, this isn't 1985 so maybe rookies should be held to a higher standard because while defenses are more complex they are much more limited by the rules and the league is one in which a QB is meant to succeed.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Every time someone mentions that dude I just smile knowing the new site has the ability to ignore specific users.

I haven't seen him over here so maybe HE was smiling knowing the new site has the ability to ignore specific users ;).  Oh wait...that would be me too.  

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

to statt week 1 it is Kessler v Brock, I think Brock has shown he is mediocre, while kessler has shown he can be good. 

I think before week1 that Brock will be cut or traded to a team hurt by injuries. If he isnt the starter he becomes cancerous. It happen in Denver and Houston, I think it could be worse here because I think it will hurt him to know he isnt even good enough to start for the Browns. I dont see him winning the job because he is way to inconsistent of a passer and really is just a dink and dunk type passer. If the Browns want that in a QB, they will just role with Kessler.

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think before week1 that Brock will be cut or traded to a team hurt by injuries. If he isnt the starter he becomes cancerous. It happen in Denver and Houston, I think it could be worse here because I think it will hurt him to know he isnt even good enough to start for the Browns. I dont see him winning the job because he is way to inconsistent of a passer and really is just a dink and dunk type passer. If the Browns want that in a QB, they will just role with Kessler.

Well he didn't have great competition in his two previous stops once Manning lost it. Peyton was statistically the worst QB in the league and still won his job back somehow. Houston didn't have a legit alternative.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived