Who do you want to be the starting QB for week1?

buno67

Who will be the Starting QB?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Starting QB?

• brock osweiler
    • cody kessler
    • deshone kizer

After reading Webby's statement of wanting more threads, I want to make a thread and try the new features to get a feel for them.

Just like the title says, who will be the starting QB for the Browns for week1?

I know about a month ago it was hands down Kessler but with Brock looking decent and Kizer showing off his potential in OTAs, I know opinions have changed.

I know this might be predictable because we have had this discussion before but lets get a poll going for it!

YES, accountability! We can see what specific voters voted!!!

Man where was this when Andy V was top fiddy! We could of shown the world that it wasnt just blind Cavs homers xD

I honestly believe it will be Kizer. I know some reports came out that the coaches are really impressed with him. I also think they want to see what he has. Let him learn by playing. I honestly think they will believe they wont have much of a shot at the playoffs so they will want to develop him and see what they have. 

I think that can change in the perseason tho. Maybe the team shows to be better than what is expected and maybe they try to be a little safer and go with Kessler or one of them just looks to good to not play them. 

Preferably I'd like Kessler to start. From what I caught of him last season he looked to be surprisingly good for a 3rd round flyer. Unfortunately got the injury bug last season as did all of the QB's. Hopefully he can stay on his feet and put up Tannehill/Tyrod numbers.

I'm predicting Kessler starts 16 regular season games for us this year.

And no one clamors for a different QB at any point (besides people with agendas).

I expect a Cousins type season for him (minus the bulk) with the Browns winning more games than expected with an average passing offense despite the lack of a true #1 WR (assuming no Gordon). If Gordon should play, (lets not make this what the thread is about I doubt he ever plays for the Browns again) then I foresee talks of playoffs into the 2nd half of the season unless most of our rookie defenders flop.

I think Cody is going to start the season, but Kizer will be soon to follow then it'll be his time to be our franchise QB. 

You all font understand how happy I am we got our guy. We're going to the super bowl it's happening just give it time 

Just now, brownie man said:

I think Cody is going to start the season, but Kizer will be soon to follow then it'll be his time to be our franchise QB. 

You all font understand how happy I am we got our guy. We're going to the super bowl it's happening just give it time 

Lol I think we get it.  You're not exactly dropping subtle hints.

Cody for me. I think he was way better last year than most people think and that he could develop into an above average QB with like a 10% increase in arm strength. I'd like to see him for at least half a season before making the call on whether or not Kizer is ready.

I went with Cody - regardless of ceilings, he would bring the most stability (at least early on) in execution which is what I'm looking for out of the team early on. I feel like even if I'm being optimistic about Kizer's ability to pick up the NFL game in training camp, it's tough to foresee him not having ups and downs which I'd rather he do after the rest of the offense has come into its own. Let the entire offense continue to grow through the first half of the season and if it looks like Kessler is holding the team back or spinning his tires, then put in Kizer and allow him to play catch up to everyone else's comfort level.

Archived