The Good, the Bad, the Ugly vs. Denver

RaidersAreOne

Good:

• Manuel looked very good in relief of Carr
  • Holton is faaaast. Nice catch for the long TD
  • Mack is incredible. DPOY again? We are not worthy.
  • Irvin finally showed up
  • Roberts showed reliable hands and got open
  • Olawale is such a unique and solid weapon receiving/running
  • Our D played good. One big run from Anderson and that crazy catch in the first was pretty much it
  • We were in the game until the end

Bad:

• Run blocking was poor for the most part
  • Our expensive o-line not playing up to their potential
  • Coopers hands. Something MUST be done
  • Lynch is straight up ineffective
  • Burning all of our TOs early in the 4th

Ugly:

• We lost
  • Carr getting injured. Pray to god he is fine. Manuel looked capable but I dont trust him for extended periods of time
  • Cook not even trying to catch the TD. He felt the S coming down and didnt even extend for it.
  • King's fake punt THEN he acts like a girl and gets a penalty
  • Refs missing the hold when Wolfe held Newhouse to spring Miller for a sack

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Bad:

• Run blocking was poor for the most part
  • Our expensive o-line not playing up to their potential
  • Coopers hands. Something MUST be done
  • Lynch is straight up ineffective

Ugly:

• Cook not even trying to catch the TD. He felt the S coming down and didnt even extend for it.
  • Run blocking hasn't impressed me either.
  • This o-line play isn't going to work
  • I'm actually just tired of caring
  • We need to either establish him early or not at all. I'm not a fan of "limiting touches". 

• As for Cook.... I watched him in Green Bay last year. Everyone fawned all over him for a couple of "nifty" grabs. I saw a guy who let balls fly around him without even trying unless they hit him in the stomach 9 out of 10 times. I wasn't excited when we signed him, and I still am not ( I'm pretty sure I even posted to the old forum about it). Maybe I'm very critical of TE's in general, but he (like Cooper) is a guy always defended by his fans with a "just wait until he breaks out" comment. Dude is almost a decade into his career. He isn't going to "break out". So, I won't even call it ugly. Cook not extending or trying surprises me as much as Cooper dropping a pass. The only thing more consistent than that is Jamarcus Russell gaining weight. 

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:
  • Run blocking hasn't impressed me either.
  • This o-line play isn't going to work
  • I'm actually just tired of caring
  • We need to either establish him early or not at all. I'm not a fan of "limiting touches". 

• As for Cook.... I watched him in Green Bay last year. Everyone fawned all over him for a couple of "nifty" grabs. I saw a guy who let balls fly around him without even trying unless they hit him in the stomach 9 out of 10 times. I wasn't excited when we signed him, and I still am not ( I'm pretty sure I even posted to the old forum about it). Maybe I'm very critical of TE's in general, but he (like Cooper) is a guy always defended by his fans with a "just wait until he breaks out" comment. Dude is almost a decade into his career. He isn't going to "break out". So, I won't even call it ugly. Cook not extending or trying surprises me as much as Cooper dropping a pass. The only thing more consistent than that is Jamarcus Russell gaining weight. 

Haven't watched Cook enough to make the same assessment as you, but I can tell you this. 1. The dropped TD was our biggest chance lost in this game and 2. I'd take Martellus Bennett over him 10x out of 10.

Yeah, if you want to run the ball teams have to believe there is a chance we may pass it, and when you want to throw the ball down the field you have block extra people or get the ball out quick, niether is happening. This is the same offensive line as last year, many things are similar were just getting exposed coaching wise. Carr looks terrible too folding like a tent and not making adjustments at the line. We need to fix this, this 5 wide crap has got to go!

Good:

Mack single handedly kept this game from a blow out. 

MEJ was brilliant in the first half. He is blossoming into the player we all saw flashes of his rookie year.

TJ Carrie made some nice plays on a couple deep balls thrown his way.

Defense as a whole played well as one could hope, given the crappy situations they were put in by inept offense and special teams.

EJ Manuel played well in relief. Threw some dimes

Bad:

Marshawn Lynch experiment is looking bad right now. 

Offensive line can't run block for crap. High paid unit has been scrubs these last two weeks. They are overrated

Carr before he got injured. Just didn't play well. Can't make a play against the better defenses. Hope hes okay but he sucked today

Amari. I just don't even know what to say anymore.

Ugly:

Lack of holding calls against Mack. 

King acting like a girl because he got tackled.

Cook not making plays when we needed him to. Manuel put the ball on the money twice on the 2nd to last drive. Granted they both would've been tough catches, but thats why we brought you here. He also couldve pushed Olawale ahead on the last drive, but looked like he didn't want to get dirty. 

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Good:

Mack single handedly kept this game from a blow out. 

MEJ was brilliant in the first half. He is blossoming into the player we all saw flashes of his rookie year.

TJ Carrie made some nice plays on a couple deep balls thrown his way.

Defense as a whole played well as one could hope, given the crappy situations they were put in by inept offense and special teams.

EJ Manuel played well in relief. Threw some dimes

Bad:

Marshawn Lynch experiment is looking bad right now. 

Offensive line can't run block for crap. High paid unit has been scrubs these last two weeks. They are overrated

Carr before he got injured. Just didn't play well. Can't make a play against the better defenses. Hope hes okay but he sucked today

Amari. I just don't even know what to say anymore.

Ugly:

Lack of holding calls against Mack. 

King acting like a girl because he got tackled.

Cook not making plays when we needed him to. Manuel put the ball on the money twice on the 2nd to last drive. Granted they both would've been tough catches, but thats why we brought you here. He also couldve pushed Olawale ahead on the last drive, but looked like he didn't want to get dirty. 

Could not agree more, perfect assessment.  I'll add that Downing also needs to step it up a bit.

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We need Conley at 100% asap.

If both aren't back McDonald really did not look that bad. Honestly Conley is very green right now and Amerson is not playing well at all. The bar is set so low at CB that we will be fine for now with McDonald. I am looking forward to the coming secondary overhaul including Smith, Amerson, Nelson gone - Luani and Obi getting time, Conley starting. It won't be that long until that day.

Suffice it to say, I bet Smith and Amerson are gone after this year. Smith, at 10 mil, obviously. But Amerson at 9 mil, with serious concussions just weeks apart now, may be going the way of Nick Roach real quick.

So, out of curiosity, what's happened to the OL? I haven't watched the last two Raider games, but I like to browse this thread each week to keep tabs on a rival, and I've seen them pop up a lot in a negative way. But I don't see an obvious reason for why they'd have regressed so much. Any real reason for the struggles?

1 hour ago, holyghost said:

If both aren't back McDonald really did not look that bad. Honestly Conley is very green right now and Amerson is not playing well at all. The bar is set so low at CB that we will be fine for now with McDonald. I am looking forward to the coming secondary overhaul including Smith, Amerson, Nelson gone - Luani and Obi getting time, Conley starting. It won't be that long until that day.

Suffice it to say, I bet Smith and Amerson are gone after this year. Smith, at 10 mil, obviously. But Amerson at 9 mil, with serious concussions just weeks apart now, may be going the way of Nick Roach real quick.

I havent heard anybody talk about that any where. Mcdonald held his own just fine. Imo. 

The offense has look better with all 3 other rbs in the game. We got to pass and run play action more with lynch in the game. They are sitting on run when lynch in the game. I hate the fact romo could call 75% of our plays before the snap. 

19 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I havent heard anybody talk about that any where. Mcdonald held his own just fine. Imo. 

I agree. I always thought Dexter McDonald could be a starter for us one day; since his rookie year.

but yes. No way am I resigning Cooper for big money. The guy completely disappears against any competition. I'm all for people letting there play doing the talking, but I see no fire in him..none of that inner guts that makes someone play with controlled anger against great competition. 

People here going crazy when he destroys lesser talent. That's great for a 2nd or 3rd WR. But a true #1 does not disappear against top CB talent. 

I hear people say we have two number 1's in Crabtree and Cooper. But truth be told, we got two 2's.

Archived