Mike Clevinger traded to San Diego

bigbadbuff

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean, Clevinger is soon to be 30 and has gone past 126 innings once. I think they did well but that's baseball. He's damn good but the Indians did well. 

He definitely was a later bloomer, like some of the other Indians pitchers, but he's been worth 8.7 fWAR the past 2 seasons, which includes the shortened 2019 due to a knee injury.  He's not some flash in the pan.  He's a legit high end #2 starter in this league that the Padres just acquired 2+ years of for depth pieces in their organization.  Terrific trade for them.

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

He definitely was a later bloomer, like some of the other Indians pitchers, but he's been worth 8.7 fWAR the past 2 seasons, which includes the shortened 2019 due to a knee injury.  He's not some flash in the pan.  He's a legit high end #2 starter in this league that the Padres just acquired 2+ years of for depth pieces in their organization.  Terrific trade for them.

Never said he was flash in the pan, so I don't know where you're getting that from. I simply stated he hasn't pitched beyond 126 innings more than once, which is fact. 

I know it's FF but it's possible both sides can do well in trades and that's likely the case here. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Never said he was flash in the pan, so I don't know where you're getting that from. I simply stated he hasn't pitched beyond 126 innings more than once, which is fact. 

I know it's FF but it's possible both sides can do well in trades and that's likely the case here. 

I don’t think the Indians got robbed, but I think the Padres definitely got the better end of the deal by more than a small amount. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 12:43 PM, Mesa_Titan said:

I don’t think the Indians got robbed, but I think the Padres definitely got the better end of the deal by more than a small amount. 

Dolan and the FO got a "writings on the wall" replacement for Lindor for them to develop. We needed hitting and got um Naylor and a backup catcher. Just another move to make sure we stay a slightly above .500 team for years to come. 

Always the Bride's maid... Never the Bride. 

MC

On 8/31/2020 at 10:24 AM, beekay414 said:

That's fair.  I incorrectly attributed the 126 innings comment as an insinuation that we were still dealing with a sample size factor.  My apologies.  

On 8/31/2020 at 10:43 AM, Mesa_Titan said:

This is exactly my feelings on this deal.  Indians didn't get an insignificant return, but it probably should have been a good bit more.