The Everything Giannis Thread (Rumors, Speculation, and Proposals)

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

That's a list of awful offers for Giannis.  I'd rather stare down Giannis and tell him to walk away from the supermax than accept any of those deals.  The only one that might even garner some interest would be the Warriors, but I'm not taking back Wiggins under any circumstances.

Yeah they were deals for if Bucks didn’t want to tank and Giannis wasn’t commuting to an extension with anyone. aka Kawhi.

Edited by MookieMonstah

10 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah they were deals for if Bucks didn’t want to tank and Giannis wasn’t commuting to an extension with anyone. aka Kawhi.

The Kawhi situation was extremely different though. Because he was coming off of an injury plagued year filled with drama surrounding his relationship with the Spurs and essentially forced their hand by refusing to play for them again. Kawhi at the time he was traded also wasn't considered in the same tier as he is right now and wasn't anywhere near as valuable of a trade piece as Giannis is currently coming off of back to back MVP seasons. 

When the Spurs traded Kawhi they also received DeRozan in return who was only 28 and coming off of back to back All-NBA seasons and 3 consecutive All-Star appearances. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Kawhi situation was extremely different though. Because he was coming off of an injury plagued year filled with drama surrounding his relationship with the Spurs and essentially forced their hand by refusing to play for them again. Kawhi at the time he was traded also wasn't considered in the same tier as he is right now and wasn't anywhere near as valuable of a trade piece as Giannis is currently coming off of back to back MVP seasons. 

When the Spurs traded Kawhi they also received DeRozan in return who was only 28 and coming off of back to back All-NBA seasons and 3 consecutive All-Star appearances. 

I mean DeRozan wasn't really a valuable trade commodity and I'm aware its totally different. It was more of a "If Giannis demands a trade but isn't willing to sign an extension anywhere". Thats the type of return I'd expect them to get. I don't see him going that route regardless.

7 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That seems extremely dumb. Maybe they don't want to be stuck with that contract after Giannis leaves, but he's also probably your best shot at keeping Giannis.

They'd only have him for 1 year without Giannis. But they probably don't want to give up significant draft capital to acquire him considering it could be extremely valuable in their rebuild if Giannis does decide to bounce.