The Everything Giannis Thread (Rumors, Speculation, and Proposals)

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Its not entitlement lmao. Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and young players/picks will be by far the best package you'll be offered.

I mean you don't know that. As @beekay414 said, we heard for years and years and years that Boston would always be able to make the best offer for a superstar. They never pulled the trigger.

Edited by seminoles1

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean you don't know that. As @beekay414 said, we heard for years and years and years that Boston would always be able to make the best offer for a superstar. They never pulled the trigger.

They rightfully didn't trade for AD because he wouldn't have stayed. They rightfully didn't trade for Kawhi because he wouldn't have stayed. They made the correct decision for years. This is obviously all in discussion IF Giannis signs an extension. They aren't gutting the team without a hand shake agreement at the very least.

What team can offer more than that? That doesn't even mean Boston would offer that, as we've seen before but turning down because you think you can demand Tatum? Thats laughable. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Davis trade that Boston refused to move Tatum in? That one?

Let me know when you join us in reality.

Yes, the Davis trade that never happened because your assets aren't worth what you think they are.

I'll patiently wait for you to join us in reality.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, I'm not saying it was a mistake. But don't just throw names out there and say "That's the best you'll get!", because honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Ainge refused to offer Brown in a trade.

People need to understand the circumstances. If Giannis agrees to signing an extension or says he wants to stay in Boston, he'd 100% move Brown. You don't trade Tatum to New Orleans when AD is saying he won't stay. It was a no brainer for Boston to not make that trade.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean I get it man, you can be mad, I've been trying to prepare you for this all season but lets not act a fool lmao

I'm not mad at all lol nor am I "acting a fool." We just see this same song and dance from Boston fans every time there's a superstar available...and they never get said superstar.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, I'm not saying it was a mistake. But don't just throw names out there and say "That's the best you'll get!", because honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Ainge refused to offer Brown in a trade.

I mean, I never really paid much attention to the AD rumors because I felt confident Ainge wasn't giving up Tatum or Brown. Prolly was hesitant to include Smart, as well. The man deals with the market like it's his fantasy football team. He ain't making deals unless he's getting Isaiah Thomas for Marcus Thornton (yall remember him??)

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

They rightfully didn't trade for AD because he wouldn't have stayed. They rightfully didn't trade for Kawhi because he wouldn't have stayed. They made the correct decision for years. This is obviously all in discussion IF Giannis signs an extension. They aren't gutting the team without a hand shake agreement at the very least.

What team can offer more than that? That doesn't even mean Boston would offer that, as we've seen before but turning down because you think you can demand Tatum? Thats laughable. 

You're not wrong, but you can't blame people for thinking "We've heard this before..." when it comes to Boston and trading for a superstar.

OKC, Philadelphia, Denver, Golden State, New Orleans, and Phoenix could all make competitive offers compared to that hypothetical Boston offer.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Who is beating that offer? Give me some realistic options. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

LIS, use the Memphis pick along with yours and find another asset in a 3 team deal and I'm good with it. I want no part of Robert Williams or Romeo Langford. Neither of them are going to be good.