The Everything Giannis Thread (Rumors, Speculation, and Proposals)

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Giannis suggesting that he’s not leaving the bucks next season. If he stays, I’ll gain a lot of respect for him. 

He's under contract, so he is saying the right thing. I know it's been said in this thread, but it makes no sense to trade him even if he wants out. They are not gonna have a better chance at a ship than they do with Giannis next year. You take your shot and risk him walking as anything you get back for him will not be equal even long term. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

He's under contract, so he is saying the right thing. I know it's been said in this thread, but it makes no sense to trade him even if he wants out. They are not gonna have a better chance at a ship than they do with Giannis next year. You take your shot and risk him walking as anything you get back for him will not be equal even long term. 

tbh unless they make a big move that team won't be a contender. A year older, Middleton is not a legit #2. Depth isn't great. They got exposed pretty bad by Miami.

35 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Im so confused. Why do people think OKC is going to give away CP3 for literally nothing lol. He was really good this year.

Because they want to get his contract off the books so they can pay an aging Bledsoe/Lopez nearly as much for an extra season, duh.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean my definition is a team that can win a Championship. I don’t think the Bucks current roster is going to win a Championship. 

With a different coach, it's possible. Bud just doesn't adapt in game or in series. He's a perfect regular season coach but his belief in his system makes him a bad playoff coach.

Our issue is our secondary players. We simply do not have enough shooters surrounding Giannis and the one we have is old and unplayable in the playoffs. If they even shot remotely decent, not even good, we would've won the title last year with a very similar roster lol. We just need a few more shooters.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean my definition is a team that can win a Championship. I don’t think the Bucks current roster is going to win a Championship. 

They're like the Cavaliers at the end of LeBron's first stint there. Able to overachieve during the regular season because they have an MVP level player in a weak eastern conference. But just don't have the pieces around their star to win a championship. 

If you look at their career paths they're not too different either.

LeBron: Won back to back MVP awards in years 6 & 7 at age 24/25, finished with the best record in the East during both of those seasons, lost in the ECF in year 6 and 2nd round in year 7. 

Giannis: Back to back MVP awards in years 6 & 7 at age 24/25, finished with the best record in the East during both of those seasons, lost in the ECF in year 6 and 2nd round in year 7. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Our issue is our secondary players. We simply do not have enough shooters surrounding Giannis and the one we have is old and unplayable in the playoffs. If they even shot remotely decent, not even good, we would've won the title last year with a very similar roster lol. We just need a few more shooters.

You guys should've kept Brogdon instead of Bledsoe, he would've helped a lot. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

You guys should've kept Brogdon instead of Bledsoe, he would've helped a lot. 

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, I didn't want to spend that kind of money on someone with health issues. Brogdon was a solid player but he didn't make or break us. He didn't help last year when we were a better team so what difference would he have made this year? The issue still remains the same. We don't have enough consistent shooters. We shot like **** from 3 in basically an open gym. That should show you just how poor our shooters are.

LIS, even if we shoot decent/average, we likely beat the Raptors last year and win the title. Keep in mind, we lost all three of these games by 6 points each.

Game 3: 31.8% from 3 overall, 34% without Giannis' 3 attempts (0-3)
Game 5: 32.3% from 3 overall, 28.6% without Giannis' 3 attempts (2-3)
Game 6: 35.3% from 3 overall, 34.5% without Giannis' 5 attempts (2-5)

Game 4 was a blowout but we shot like 31% from 3 in that game too.

We also were in every single game in the Heat series this year. The issue is shooting. Always has been. If we get any type of consistent shooting, we can win a title. 

So, in that regard, I agree that, as currently constructed, we aren't contenders unless we get a coach who is capable in the playoffs. 

Edited by beekay414

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Detroit receives: Eric Bledsoe, Brook Lopez, Donte DiVcenzo 

Oklahoma City receives: Blake Griffin, #24 pick

Milwaukee receives: Chris Paul 

We'd have to throw in Ersan's non-guaranteed $7 Million to make this work but I'd be for it. We could use that #24 pick on a shooter (Bane) in this draft but, along with an additional 1st in 2022 (protected, obviously), I'd be inclined to make this deal. 

My thing is...we still have the lack of shooters and depth issues. What veterans are out there that would fill those roles? I don't think either Morris twin leaves LAL or LAC so they are likely out.