The Everything Giannis Thread (Rumors, Speculation, and Proposals)

resilient part 2

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My thing is...we still have the lack of shooters and depth issues. What veterans are out there that would fill those roles? I don't think either Morris twin leaves LAL or LAC so they are likely out.

Most teams only go 8-9 deep in the playoffs anyways. If you made that trade I'd try to sign Aron Baynes to a minimum contract and then explore pursuing Davis Bertans and Jordan Clarkson in free agency. Can you use the bi-annual exception or MLE to go over the cap? I'm not too familiar with all of those rules. Bring back Korver as well. 

PG - Paul | Hill

SG - Matthews | Clarkson 

SF - Middleton | Korver

PF - Giannis | Bertans 

C - Baynes | Lopez 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Can you use the bi-annual exception or MLE to go over the cap?

Yes but you can't use them to go into the luxury tax. I'm also not sure whether Bertans would take the MLE and I know for sure Clarkson wouldn't take the BAE.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 1:09 PM, beekay414 said:

LIS, even if we shoot decent/average, we likely beat the Raptors last year and win the title. Keep in mind, we lost all three of these games by 6 points each.

Game 3: 31.8% from 3 overall, 34% without Giannis' 3 attempts (0-3)
Game 5: 32.3% from 3 overall, 28.6% without Giannis' 3 attempts (2-3)
Game 6: 35.3% from 3 overall, 34.5% without Giannis' 5 attempts (2-5)

Game 4 was a blowout but we shot like 31% from 3 in that game too.

We also were in every single game in the Heat series this year. The issue is shooting. Always has been. If we get any type of consistent shooting, we can win a title. 

So, in that regard, I agree that, as currently constructed, we aren't contenders unless we get a coach who is capable in the playoffs. 

You casually dismissed Brogdon’s impact like one post ago even though he’s one of the better shooters in the league!

Just because you guys choked last year doesn’t mean that letting him walk was inconsequential. I mean, if we’re arguing that the Bucks should’ve won the series if not for some flukey shooting by Toronto, why don’t you just keep the band together for another run and pray for better luck?

Edited by redsoxsuck05

3 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

You casually dismissed Brogdon’s impact like one post ago even though he’s one of the better shooters in the league!

Just because you guys choked last year doesn’t mean that letting him walk was inconsequential. I mean, if we’re arguing that the Bucks should’ve won the series if not for some flukey shooting by Toronto, why don’t you just keep the band together for another run and pray for better luck?

Because we weren't confident in Brogdon's medicals. That's all there is too it. And it wasn't Brogdon vs Bledsoe. It was Brogdon vs Hill and Lopez and going into the luxury tax, which would further limit our ability to make moves as it would take away our full MLE and our ability to use the BAE. So, yeah, Brogdon's a good player but we made the right decision regardless of hindsight.

EDIT - To clarify, had we used Brogdon's bird rights, we would've had to go almost $20 Million into the luxury tax to keep the core together while bringing Brogdon back. It was never going to be Bledsoe vs Brogdon because of how Bledsoe's perimeter defense drives our overall defense. Just saying it's nowhere near as simple as "YOU SHOULD'VE BROUGHT BROGDON BACK."

Edited by beekay414

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Because we weren't confident in Brogdon's medicals. That's all there is too it. And it wasn't Brogdon vs Bledsoe. It was Brogdon vs Hill and Lopez and going into the luxury tax, which would further limit our ability to make moves as it would take away our full MLE and our ability to use the BAE. So, yeah, Brogdon's a good player but we made the right decision regardless of hindsight.

EDIT - To clarify, had we used Brogdon's bird rights, we would've had to go almost $20 Million into the luxury tax to keep the core together while bringing Brogdon back. It was never going to be Bledsoe vs Brogdon because of how Bledsoe's perimeter defense drives our overall defense. Just saying it's nowhere near as simple as "YOU SHOULD'VE BROUGHT BROGDON BACK."

So go into the luxury tax. Price you pay. Letting Brogdon walk was not great.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

So go into the luxury tax. Price you pay. Letting Brogdon walk was not great.

There's more to it than just the luxury tax. Brogdon wanted out. He wanted to be a #1 PG and a main option and he was never going to be more than a #4 or #5 here after re-signing Bledsoe. He also didn't like how segregated Milwaukee is and there were some issues with Budenholzer and him as well. It was just a bad mix near the end. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

There's more to it than just the luxury tax. Brogdon wanted out. He wanted to be a #1 PG and a main option and he was never going to be more than a #4 or #5 here after re-signing Bledsoe. He also didn't like how segregated Milwaukee is and there were some issues with Budenholzer and him as well. It was just a bad mix near the end. 

Yeah, I remember there being more than just contract reasons for him leaving.

I'm not sure if Milwaukee did everything they could to bring him back based on comments Horst has made. If they didn't then shame on them. If they did and Brogdon still wanted out, then oh well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, I remember there being more than just contract reasons for him leaving.

I'm not sure if Milwaukee did everything they could to bring him back based on comments Horst has made. If they didn't then shame on them. If they did and Brogdon still wanted out, then oh well.

Honestly, it was most likely a mutual decision. We're a very tight locker room so it would've been awkward bringing someone back who didn't want to be here. 

On 9/11/2020 at 6:18 AM, beekay414 said:

Honestly, it was most likely a mutual decision. We're a very tight locker room so it would've been awkward bringing someone back who didn't want to be here. 

Brogdon started super great in Indy. Then it went down hill. He ain’t no dawg and shies away from greatness. Solid player but he ain’t worth 20 mil. Idk maybe he wore down. But he wasn’t the same player and injuries are already taking a toll on his body 

• Like 1