NFL General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even with the H back they’d either better be able to block well or you’re just putting an inferior athlete on the field.

I don’t really value guys who are “ok” at everything but have no particular standout trait.  Like, what wrinkle do they provide?  How are they unique in what they bring that’s going to be problematic for a defensive coordinator?

Yeah. To me, an H-Back is a small guard who can be used to lead block on wraps, seal the edge on sweeps/outside zone, and smack across the formation into the weak flats. There's a spot for those guys in the NFL for sure. It's very valuable to have, so long as you also have two TE's that can play in-line. There was like 1 dude off the top of my head I could think of that was awesome at playing H-back and true TE. Delanie Walker.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah. To me, an H-Back is a small guard who can be used to lead block on wraps, seal the edge on sweeps/outside zone, and smack across the formation into the weak flats. There's a spot for those guys in the NFL for sure. It's very valuable to have, so long as you also have two TE's that can play in-line. There was like 1 dude off the top of my head I could think of that was awesome at playing H-back and true TE. Delanie Walker.

He was also an absurd athlete 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even with the H back they’d either better be able to block well or you’re just putting an inferior athlete on the field.

I don’t really value guys who are “ok” at everything but have no particular standout trait.  Like, what wrinkle do they provide?  How are they unique in what they bring that’s going to be problematic for a defensive coordinator?

You just described Harrison Bryant. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Who was the guy for a couple year process in SF/Oakland who could do both?

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Tom Brady covered up sooooo much of Hoody’s crap.

It’s insane when you see how bad New England is.

I think you are trying to read too much into it. Bill is in his 70s, you can't take away his accomplishments from the last 20 years just because hes old

The Patriots defense was better than their offense during the Brady seasons, and Brady won 67% of his playoff games with a QB rating <80 and won 70% of his playoff games when the Pats didn't hit 20 points. 

Brady has as many playoff wins in games hes played poorly as guys like Rodgers and Manning had playoff wins in their entire career. It was top to bottom excellence both sides of the ball.  Two headed monster. 

Even though I despise both teams, here's how you coach/play giving yourself a chance with a sub par offense. 

Steelers/Ravens

Very important divisional game, albeit it's early in the season. (All games are very important}

This isn't MLB. 17 games vs 162

I'd give my left one to see my beloved Browns have an excuse-free rabid desire to win.

Edited by Navy
addition