College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

Yeah I’m not sold on JSN as much more than a WR2. Think he will have a nice role for someone. But there’s no Justin Jefferson or Chase in this draft. No one id move anything beyond minimal assets for with the way our roster looks. Marv Jr next year is that type of dude.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:46 PM, NateDawg said:

Yeah I’m not sold on JSN as much more than a WR2. Think he will have a nice role for someone. But there’s no Justin Jefferson or Chase in this draft. No one id move anything beyond minimal assets for with the way our roster looks. Marv Jr next year is that type of dude.

They said the same thing about Olave, and Jefferson 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Olave is really balling out on his rookie contract he bailed me out while chase was out.

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Olave is really balling out on his rookie contract he bailed me out while chase was out.

Honestly this draft looks deep at wide receiver but the speed guys available when we draft look like recycled garbage in comparison to

Jameson Williams plus

Cedee lambs.

I cannot see any circumstances where the osu guy gets to us with kc,Pittsburgh ,and Baltimore drafting 20 slots ahead of us.

The best player that I can see dropping to us 

Baylor Siaki ika line him up next to myles what you get is a qb that is running for his life to his right thus cutting down half his options.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Defensively, we should just copy Buffalo and load up on defensive linemen. They also value massive defensive ends as well, but have an exception in Von. 

I hate the idea of copying another team. I realize the NFL is a copycat league, but when does the copycat team actually succeed?  It seems like it’s the team that blazes their own trail, figures out their own unique identity and builds upon that is who has consistent success.

Stop trying to build around a specific scheme and instead accumulate the best talent you can and build the scheme around that.  These are supposed to be the best coaches in the world, they should be capable of doing that much.

The reality is you need as balanced of a team as possible as teams will exploit obvious deficiencies. Once you develop and obvious strength it’s fine to lean into that a bit but you still need to be well rounded.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Defensively, we should just copy Buffalo and load up on defensive linemen. They also value massive defensive ends as well, but have an exception in Von. What do you guys think about Nolan Smith?

Watched him play he has not stood out against non nfl quality lineman.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Watched him play he has not stood out against non nfl quality lineman.

He’s not explosive and he’s small. He’s very fundamentally sound, but that alone doesn’t get you very far as an edge rusher. That is one position where you have to be elite athletically at something (length, power, speed) to make it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He’s not explosive and he’s small. He’s very fundamentally sound, but that alone doesn’t get you very far as an edge rusher. That is one position where you have to be elite athletically at something (length, power, speed) to make it. 

Your best post ever.

Glad somebody could enunciate that.