Saints extend RB Alvin Kamara

RaidersAreOne

Excited to have him signed long term. Well deserved with his rare versatility. Not many offensive players can create as much chaos as he can for defenses with the matchup nightmares he can cause being lined up all over the place. Seeing a guy like Cooper Kupp get resigned on what appears if I'm not mistaken to be a similar per year salary as Kamara really put it in perspective for me. I'm taking a guy like Kamara on my team over Kupp every time. 

On 9/14/2020 at 5:57 AM, JMG5 said:

Still think we overpaid, but at least the garaunteed money isn't too outrageous.

I don't think we overpaid. He's at 4TD's so far, and IS our offense. He's got ALL of our rushing TD's and 1/3 of our receiving TD's, and is literally 35% of our entire offensive production.

5 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I don't think we overpaid. He's at 4TD's so far, and IS our offense. He's got ALL of our rushing TD's and 1/3 of our receiving TD's, and is literally 35% of our entire offensive production.

Yeah there is no way that we overpaid for him if paying Thomas $22 mil wasn't an overpay.  Kamara is to valuable not only as a RB but also as our #2 WR that trying to make the argument that you don't pay RBs is dumb.  Kamara and McCaffrey aren't just running backs and their value in the passing game that it increases their value that much more.  Guys like Elliot, Cook, Gurley, and others that have gotten paid but don't have a significant presence as a receiver are the ones that would be getting overpaid if they aren't getting 280+ carries at a high clip rate consistently, but then that means their shelf life might be smaller.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:43 PM, Mid Iowa said:

Nah. I thought we overpaid before I saw the contract breakdown. It's very team friendly.