Derek Carr out 2-6 weeks

pwny

On 10/4/2017 at 3:07 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you understand what "narrative" means? 

In 2016, Carr produced a passer rating under pressure of 70.0, which ranked near middle of the pack among quarterbacks at 15th. This season Carr has produced a passer rating under pressure of just 26.5, which is the second-worst mark in the league. He's clearly struggling under pressure and he's rarely pushed the ball down the field. 

You mean by design of the offense? Watch his deep ball placement this year. It's been excellent.

And a lot of Oakland's pressures have turned into sacks. I've been watching him each week and a lot of it is on the design of the offense. It's not like he's laying an egg out there against the rush like you're implying. His passer rating under pressure is also the result of a lot of receiver drops and nullifying penalties, not him crumbling under pressure.

I see a far bigger problem with the coaching staff than Carr. When you watch what he's capable of doing when allowed to check in and out of plays in that offense and allowed to be aggressive, the product is a lot of fun to watch.

On 10/4/2017 at 5:07 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you understand what "narrative" means? 

In 2016, Carr produced a passer rating under pressure of 70.0, which ranked near middle of the pack among quarterbacks at 15th. This season Carr has produced a passer rating under pressure of just 26.5, which is the second-worst mark in the league. He's clearly struggling under pressure and he's rarely pushed the ball down the field. 

He's 31st out of 32 QBs(only Flacco has less) in air yards without drops. 336 on the season(Flacco is an abysmal 273).

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You mean by design of the offense? Watch his deep ball placement this year. It's been excellent.

And a lot of Oakland's pressures have turned into sacks. I've been watching him each week and a lot of it is on the design of the offense. It's not like he's laying an egg out there against the rush like you're implying. His passer rating under pressure is also the result of a lot of receiver drops and nullifying penalties, not him crumbling under pressure.

I see a far bigger problem with the coaching staff than Carr. When you watch what he's capable of doing when allowed to check in and out of plays in that offense and allowed to be aggressive, the product is a lot of fun to watch.

I know what he's capable of (I drafted him in fantasy...:) ) he's a good QB. I'm just seeing a slight regression from last year, is all. Especially confidence throwing deep. The drops certainly push his rating down, true. 

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I know what he's capable of (I drafted him in fantasy...:) ) he's a good QB. I'm just seeing a slight regression from last year, is all. Especially confidence throwing deep. The drops certainly push his rating down, true. 

I understand the regression talk, but I think the transition from Musgrave to Downing has slowed Carr's progression in that he hasn't been allowed to push the ball down the field consistently. I think if he could, he would be more than happy to. He loves to take shots when he can.

Archived