Snap count distribution week 4

theJ

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Snap counts are going to be all over the place in this one.  We were up big, so guys like Adam Jones I expect to play less snaps...

To some degree. But only 15 snaps? He was sitting before they were up big. 

32 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Eh the Browns had a bunch of 3 and outs if I remember correctly. 

I know he sat out one series in the first half at least.  Still seems surprisingly low.  Given Vontaze sat out the whole 4th and played 52 snaps.

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Burfict needed the reps to get back in game shape though, otherwise he probably doesn't play that many snaps in a blowout.

Jones is older now and the more rest we can get him, the better.

I'm still not buying it.

I just added it up.  There were 30 defensive snaps in the first half.  It wasn't a blow out until Cleveland had registered 26 offensive snaps (21-0).  Even then, it's not like they were pulling other guys like Geno and Michael Johnson and AJ.  Everyone else played mid-fourth at least.  Most the entire game.

Something else is going on, IMO.

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm still not buying it.

I just added it up.  There were 30 defensive snaps in the first half.  It wasn't a blow out until Cleveland had registered 26 offensive snaps (21-0).  Even then, it's not like they were pulling other guys like Geno and Michael Johnson and AJ.  Everyone else played mid-fourth at least.  Most the entire game.

Something else is going on, IMO.

With Cleveland's WRs, maybe they were building up everyone else's confidence.  Russell played a bit, but i didn't look at his snap count.  Much like the OSU game with Rutgers, was the game ever in doubt?  They need to move forward and prepare for life without Jones at some point anyway.

Archived