Week 5 GDT - @ Buccaneers

tonyto36

4 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The front 7 is so bad. Forget all the miscommunication noise. The players just aren't good players. Other than Hightower. the front 7 had been outright bad all season. Guys on the ground. Guys getting driven out of the lanes with easy. Sloppy tackling. Overpursuit. Just awful.

I think Wise and Flowers have been good.  Butler, Guy and Van Noy have been okay/up and down.

Just now, everlong said:

Guys being this outright bad is coaching problem.

I don't think Patricia forgot how to coach overnight. It's not his fault Malcom Brown sucks, Alan Branch is mailing it in, David Harris is MIA, the entire LB corps other than the perpetually hurt Hightower is waiver wire material and the DL has nobody who can take on blockers.

Branch's plunge into the doghouse and Valentine's injury are really hurting right now.

It's been the worst 4+ game stretch by a Belichick DL unit that I can remember. And it starts with the talent assembled.

4 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The front 7 is so bad. Forget all the miscommunication noise. The players just aren't good players. Other than Hightower. the front 7 had been outright bad all season. Guys on the ground. Guys getting driven out of the lanes with easy. Sloppy tackling. Overpursuit. Just awful.

Making me rethink my expectations for this season 

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

I think Wise and Flowers have been good.  Butler, Guy and Van Noy have been okay/up and down.

Wise has flashed in the pass game but doesn't do anything in run downs. Flowers has been OK. Mostly solid, but I think he needs better guys next to him taking up blockers. He's playing inside the tackles a lot, and he hasn't been quite as effective in that spot because he's playing next to trash DT's

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Making me rethink my expectations for this season 

4 games into the year and it's pretty clear that the D is going to be an issue until/unless they solve the DL issues. Now, they do have guys on the roster who can do it, so it's not an insurmountable flaw. But they desperately need Branch to be 2016 Branch.

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

4 games into the year and it's pretty clear that the D is going to be an issue until/unless they solve the DL issues. Now, they do have guys on the roster who can do it, so it's not an insurmountable flaw. But they desperately need Branch to be 2016 Branch.

Yea, I still have high expectations and think they can make it work...but as of right now I'm no longer hoping for HFA, I'm hoping for playoffs and maybe a bye week. 

Archived