Week 5 GDT - @ Buccaneers

tonyto36

3 minutes ago, everlong said:

I've never seen an OC be as bipolar as Josh. One moment he's a genius that deserves to be Belichick's successor and the next he turns into Rex Ryan.

He's been pretty consistent since coming back to New England. He does some weird things sometimes, but that's every OC in history just about. He has his strengths (pass play design, route combinations, late-game playcalling) and weaknesses (too cute at times, not enough commitment to the run game in short yardage situations) but he's become a really good OC. And I used to be leading the anti-McDaniels brigade. I think he's grown a lot since his first run as OC where IMO he was made to look good due to the Moss/Welker dominance of 2007.

I'll never totally forgive him for his abysmal game plan in Super Bowl 42 and the lack of successful adjustments in that game. That entire game was a classic case of him overthinking things. Even had they pulled that game off, it would have been a trash gameplan.

Impossible to truly know, but does anyone think (some of) the Patriots may have been drinking a little too much kool-aid this off-season/preseason? 

The penalties and miscommunications are as bad as I’ve seen. At least, in this time span.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Impossible to truly know, but does anyone think (some of) the Patriots may have been drinking a little too much kool-aid this off-season/preseason? 

The penalties and miscommunications are as bad as I’ve seen. At least, in this time span.

No, I really think it's as simple as new guys, lack of talent in some spots, a couple of injuries and some bad luck

Archived