Week 2 GDT: Buffalo (1-0) @ Miami (0-1) Squish the Fish edition.

Trentwannabe

Winning team score  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bills by 30+
    • Bills by 20-29
    • Bills by 10-19
    • Bills by 1-9
    • Dolphins by 30+
    • Dolphins by 20-29
    • Dolphins by 10-19
    • Dolphins by 1-9
    • Tie

11 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Dodson did make some great plays. I really dont think it was the players rather than the game plan. We were creeping LBers up all day... surprised Frazier didnt adjust when Fitz started going to middle  of seams

Dodson was solid. But the LB's creeping up is because they couldn't effectievly read the run well enough. Nor do they have the makeup speed or awareness to come up and stuff the run if they don't commit early.

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Dodson was solid. But the LB's creeping up is because they couldn't effectievly read the run well enough. Nor do they have the makeup speed or awareness to come up and stuff the run if they don't commit early.

Well luckily Edmunds will probably be back. He was limited in practice at end of the week. Klein is being forced out of position. He was brought in as SLB in run situations. He just doesnt have the WLB speed. Surprised we didnt sign Lee as we did work him out before the season. He is super fast and could atleast match Milanos speed in coverage

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well luckily Edmunds will probably be back. He was limited in practice at end of the week. Klein is being forced out of position. He was brought in as SLB in run situations. He just doesnt have the WLB speed. Surprised we didnt sign Lee as we did work him out before the season. He is super fast and could atleast match Milanos speed in coverage

Yeah I expect Edmunds back.

Lee got suspended for the first 4 games of the season. 

Offense did their part yesterday but can some one tell me why 3rd quarters are their kryptonite? I mean last year and this year they come out at half completely flat, it is crazy how that happens. Hopefully it is something that can be changed. Outside of that  I can not complain at all about the offense. The play calling was much better. the run game finally got going in a sense, I am still concerned on whether it is the right move to just have Moss and Singletary when a veteran like Freeman can come in and assist on the field and on the sidelines, as I saw a few times they hit the hole then ran in to the defender rather then running the opposite way where it was wide open field for them to get at least 5 or more yards. the passing game was great outside of a couple of bad passes the wr made up for some of it with spectacular catches, diggs with the preventative INT and Davis with the full lay out for the go ahead td. While excited and happy about Allen I quickly realized it was against the Jets and the Dolphins, a real match up will be this week with Ramsey vs Diggs and an overall better rams defense. So that type of game will be a better example of how much better Allen has got from year 2 to now

Now for the defense the LBs were a huge disappointment and I think that was the main reason they struggled because the defense had to go more in to zone then man to man leaving guys like Tre in a bad position at times. The defense was getting shredded and I knew that fitz just slings it so they were going to cause issues but man Milano and Edmunds need to be back for week 3 or the rams are going to work them as Higbee and the run game were solid against philly yesterday in which the LBs play a major role in that. Also Levi was getting worked and I do not know if it was because of the zone or if he just isnt that good so I am hoping Norman will be good to go week 4.

Finally Bass had 1 fg and it may be picky but that one was close to missing too. Maybe I complain about this after I watched KC kicker pipe 1 53 yard and 2 58 with out any issues to win the game in OT. While bass almost kicked it right on a 38 yd fg, it just gives me Norwood flash backs every time he goes in to kick a fg. hopefully he gets better

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Well maybe the Dolphins arent as bad as people said they were.

The Jags could be that bad though as they were being discussed as a potential top pick in 2021 draft before season started but I am kind of happy the phins looked pretty good because that means we were just that much better. Sunday will be our true test.