Jay Gruden

lavar703

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Why were we slinging for the endzone on 3rd down anyways?  Even if we score we'd still give the Chiefs a full minute to score with our wore out defense.  Why didn't we just go for the first down?

I'm ok with the throw. If Kirk throws the checkdown and somehow we later either kick the FG or someone fumbles the ball away to KC, people grill him for not throwing for the TD on 3rd down. The play was there. Dox has to hold onto the ball. And we need to do a better job about time management.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm ok with the throw. If Kirk throws the checkdown and somehow we later either kick the FG or someone fumbles the ball away to KC, people grill him for not throwing for the TD on 3rd down. The play was there. Dox has to hold onto the ball. And we need to do a better job about time management.

The main issue was we didn't need to call a time out to run that third down play. You've got KC on their heels and you just give them a break. He does this time and time again. It's like he has zero situational awareness. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

The main issue was we didn't need to call a time out to run that third down play. You've got KC on their heels and you just give them a break. He does this time and time again. It's like he has zero situational awareness. 

Oh, I don't disagree. We could've run off a bit of clock off there and made KC's job a bit harder in getting downfield for the GWFG. Jay seems to never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity in close games.

4 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

i like gruden and he has done well. the players have to execute

He's done well in some situations and struggled mightily in others. He botched last nights game. While the ideal situation would've been Doctson making the catch, it still would've left KC with plenty of time to go down the field. Getting he first down should've been first priority and then go from there. It's fine, the team seems to be growing but you can't win championships doing foolish stuff. Just ask Kyle Shanahan. 

52 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He's done well in some situations and struggled mightily in others. He botched last nights game. While the ideal situation would've been Doctson making the catch, it still would've left KC with plenty of time to go down the field. Getting he first down should've been first priority and then go from there. It's fine, the team seems to be growing but you can't win championships doing foolish stuff. Just ask Kyle Shanahan. 

doctson dropped the football. the end

15 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

doctson dropped the football. the end

You're literally summing up an entire game over a guy who barely plays not making a catch with a high degree of difficulty. It's absurd. The game wasn't even over if Doctson makes the catch. They still had 50 seconds and two timeouts. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

You're literally summing up an entire game over a guy who barely plays not making a catch with a high degree of difficulty. It's absurd. The game wasn't even over if Doctson makes the catch. They still had 50 seconds and two timeouts. 

I mean I'm not disagreeing with you entirely.  But the execution of the players had a bigger impact than anything Gruden did.  The Doctson drop, the Pryor multiple drops on 3rd down, the never ending defensive penalties.  

More egregious than the timeout were the lack of Chris Thompson and abandoning the running game in the 3rd quarter (which left our defense on the field way too long).

I disagree strongly .. our O been improving every week. That was the best passing game we have had in a long while including last year .

our OL protection was outstanding and our run blocking was decent all the way. What I do regret is that the Redskins didn't sign Alshon Jeffery instead of Pryor because we be 4-0 if our WR caught the ball.

wouldnt be surprised if we traded Pryor or traded for a WR like Landry from the dolphins .

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay, lots of things can go wrong on any given play, but perhaps going for the higher percentage one would have made more sense?

Get the 1st THEN take the end zone shot.

On 10/3/2017 at 4:36 PM, Thaiphoon said:

People here won't ever admit Gruden a good coach.

at 2-2 playing top teams we seem to act like we are losing to the browns the jets the dolphins etc .

In all honesty the chiefs r overrated idc whatany one saids . We have them that game and we are worst than them due to coaching on our D vs there O .

we can beat them heck who here really believes alex smith is elite ? Dude barley throws 20 td a season.

this bye week Munusky should focus on contains because we are letting qbs run on us .

32 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

In all honesty the chiefs r overrated idc whatany one saids . We have them that game and we are worst than them due to coaching on our D vs there O .

we can beat them heck who here really believes alex smith is elite ? Dude barley throws 20 td a season.

this bye week Munusky should focus on contains because we are letting qbs run on us .

Come on Dash lol. They can run, they can throw and they can play defense. They're a damn good team and there's no harm in admitting that. We went toe to toe with them and it took mistakes and shoddy clock management by Jay for them to win. While they did win and deservedly so it shows me we can compete with the best. The redskins are genuinely one of the NFLs best teams and everyone here knows how much of a pessimist I am. 

On 10/3/2017 at 6:19 PM, Dashing202 said:

That being said I fully would like for the redskins to pick up a bet running back that's capable of holding on to the ball and possibly being our everydown back.

im hoping we can get deangelo Williams or Ryan Mathews .

We need to get Saquon Barkley!!!

Archived